Author Topic: Stopping kelsey leaving you (Soa - possible spoilers)  (Read 7968 times)

PD

Stopping kelsey leaving you (Soa - possible spoilers)
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:30:44 AM »
When kelsey wants to find out what happens to his brother in SoA, can you stop him from leaving the party permanently?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Stopping kelsey leaving you (Soa - possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:56:33 AM »
You can tell him you don't want him to go, and he won't leave. But if he leaves in SoA, it's forever.

PD

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 09:31:23 AM »
Thank you! I'll keep him on a short leash :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
Yeah, we didn't try to deliberately trick the player or make it difficult to keep him.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline catling

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:30:18 PM »
When exactly does Kelsey express an interest in leaving and going after his brother? I've played Kelsey right through SoA and ToB and have never had a conversation remotely resembling him leaving. Met his brother in Saradush and that was the first I had ever really heard of him, but Kelsey didn't ask to go off and find him afterwards. Am I missing something?

Offline Regullus

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »
ToB/Saradush. Have you ever met his brother?

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »
When exactly does Kelsey express an interest in leaving and going after his brother? I've played Kelsey right through SoA and ToB and have never had a conversation remotely resembling him leaving. Met his brother in Saradush and that was the first I had ever really heard of him, but Kelsey didn't ask to go off and find him afterwards. Am I missing something?

I take it you mean in SOA?  Do you recall a banter where Kelsey says he feels bad about not having seen his brother for a long time?  He says something like "do you think I should go after him now?"  If you say yes he leaves if you say no he stays with you.  You are supposed to keep him from leaving.  The TOB with his brother will go all right you won't be accidentally tricked into losing Kelsey forever.  I hope this helps.  Oh and later after...Saradush...Kelsey will ask if he can leave for a few days.  Is that what you are missing?  Maybe you haven't got to that part yet.

Offline catling

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »
I must have missed something because I've finished the game and with Kelsey and never had the post-Saradush banter about him leaving to find his brother.

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 07:46:14 PM »
I must have missed something because I've finished the game and with Kelsey and never had the post-Saradush banter about him leaving to find his brother.

Well I guess maybe you never entered the inn?  If you don't ever go there and you don't meet his brother then maybe that is why you never get Kelsey asking to leave for awhile.  Is that how you played?

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »
In my case, we encountered Kelsey's brother and bride in Saradush, and something was said about coming back to help him. We then went off to the forest after killing Gromnir, accepted the quest to find the two hearts, then went back to Saradush to find the brother. We can't find him. The party spent the night at the inn, Kelsey and Imoen 'talked' all night, then we searched again, but no luck with Kelvim(?).

Once we take care of Yaga-Shura there will be no Saradush, so I'm wondering what will happen since I don't want Kelsey to take off at that point in the game.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 01:20:12 AM »
Kelvim is supposed to have gone forever. Later, after Saradush falls, Kelsey will express the desire to go and help Kelvim, and he is supposed to return, but I wouldn't let him go(just in case). Welcome to PPG, by the way. :)

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »
Thank you, I will make sure that Kelsey does not leave the group---Imoen would kill me. I really got a kick out my response to Kelsey's confession of love for Imoen---'If you hurt Imoen in any way, I will kill you---slowly.'

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 11:00:32 AM »
Heh. Mine was: "Eww, what does Kelsey want do do with this ----?"

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 11:54:01 PM »
I finished my game, and Kelsey never did mention his brother again. Was there some trigger I missed? The long epilogue described the eventual pairing of Kelsey and Imoen, but I never encountered the syrup laden love talks that have been described in other venues. Again, did I miss something?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 02:08:01 AM »
You might have played too fast. Some talks happen at rest. Also, they don't talk if they are invisible\wield the Staff of the Magi.

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
I do tend to breeze through ToB once I am finished with Saradush, usually resting just once at each ensuing stage. Next time around I'll linger a bit more. This does raise one more question---Kelsey's dialogues with Imoen really started when the party began ToB; I finished SoA before my DeArnise tasks were even completed. I did all but a few minor quests that would not have been time consuming, so I am wondering if Kelsey will initiate love talks in Amn if I stick around longer?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Kelsey's lovetalks in SoA portion of the game initiate about an hour after you take him into the party(if PC is female, elf\human\half-elf\halfling). Probably you pissed him off at some point, by stealing and getting caught too many times, accidentally saying something nasty, siding with Bodhi, etc.

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »
My PC is male, so my intention was for Kelsey to romance Imoen, and following her rescue there were only a few exchanges between them, and none were what you would call cordial. As my PC was romancing Saerileth, we followed a very righteous road, and took the third path to Spellhold.
Again, I suspect it was my haste in completing SoA too soon; I suppose I should play a new game and treat it like the first time, with plenty of rest stops.

I do appreciate all of your feedback.

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 09:27:30 PM »
The Kelsey/Imoen romance doesn't start til TOB.
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline Einar

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, I guess I will just have to take more time in ToB the next time.

Jolyth

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »
Now this is interesting. I have played Kelsey several times through, taking my time and getting all the Imoen/Kelsey romance talks and the like, but I have never seen a mention of Kelsey wanting to go back for Kelvim. Does this happen only if you are romancing Kelsey?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: