Author Topic: A Question for Kelsey Fans  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Rianess

• Planewalker
A Question for Kelsey Fans
« on: July 19, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »
I was wondering, who, out of those romancing Kelsey, could not bring themselves to choose divinity at the end of TOB?

Not even out of curiosity or for the sake of variety?

I was going to ask this question in the Rec Room at SHS but decided to post it here instead.

And for those of you that did, (chose godhood) did you find it heart-wrenching, or were you merely indifferent?

I confess, (to get the ball rolling), that I have not. Though, when looking for something else, (yeah, right), I stumbled across the voicing for that particular event, had a listen, and quite frankly wanted to ball my eyes out.

Aside from anything else, I have to say, jcompton, you are a very talented actor. Bravo!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: A Question for Kelsey Fans
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »
Normally when threads like this come up I observe a brief waiting period so that discussion can ensue without me chilling it. Since we seem to be skipping the "discussion" portion and going straight to the "chilling", I'll respond!

The thing which I remember really standing out in some players' minds, and in turn making me feel that Kelsey had really "arrived" as a character, was reading the conversations people had right after Kelsey-TOB came out, where players were absolutely agonizing over the Anomen seduction sequence--to the point where some had to keep saving and reloading the game trying to go through with it, then feeling really terrible afterwards.

Thanks for the compliments. As for Kelsey's voicework, there were definitely a couple of times when I was "in the zone."
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Evaine Dian

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
Of course I found the epilogues heart-wrenching, but not only the ascension ones, but also the ones where you stay with him. I tried all possible outcomes, with or without romance, with or without ascension, with or without the pregnancy. I find all epilogues (of all mods, not only of Kelsey) heart-wrenching, because I don't like endings at all. Either they suck because they are badly written, or they suck because they are so sad, or they suck because they are too sappy, or they are well-written and happy enough, but suck nevertheless simply because it means that it's all over. In this case it was the last option.
"Show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream", she said,
"the one that makes me laugh!" she said and threw her arms around my neck.
"Show me how you do it and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you, I'll run away with you..."

Offline Rianess

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
I have to admit, to this day, I cannot bring myself to choose ascension if I have Kelsey in my party and am playing the romance. It's an amazing achievement to create a character and make people care about him, so much so that they get completely drawn into the story. I tried the Anomen seduction thing, for the sake of variety, and also felt dreadful afterwards. I had to reload and say no!

I agree with the thing about endings, but I do like the Kelsey epilogues as they are much more comprehensive than the Bioware ones.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 04:50:30 AM »
I tried the Anomen seduction thing, for the sake of variety, and also felt dreadful afterwards. I had to reload and say no!

It's still a mystery to me how Kelsey knows every time. Even if we take separate rooms in an inn and I kill Anomen in the morning, so he wouldn't boast.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: