Author Topic: Yet another crash to desktop...  (Read 2191 times)

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
Yet another crash to desktop...
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:52:59 AM »
Crash to desktop - repeatable
EasyTutu without TOTSC

I've had several crashes to desktop recently, most of them (all yesterday) have been tied to my party ai script that I'm trying to polish off.  So when this most recent one happend, I figured that was the case, but I couldn't fiqure out what was causing it.  I turned off the AI and the game still crashed.  I changed scripts from mine to none and the game still crashed.  So I guess, it's not my script this time, but I don't know what's causing it.  I am really at a loss.

Here is when it takes place:
FAI - just entered the area.
Party members:
Solestia - Female halfling fighter/thief
Imoen
Montaron
Xzar - DEAD. Killed by gibberlings south of FAI.

What happens:
I almost always want to rest after entering the FAI area, usually to top off hit points and be well rested before dealing with the attacker on the steps.
So, I rest and Montaron banters with me.  At the end of the banter when we should be resting, we actually crash to the desktop.
I know for a fact that I never had this issue with the latest PUBLIC release of BG1 NPC. I now have the latest INTERNAL release installed.  So who knows, maybe my script does something I don't know about.  If you need to see my script, let me know.  If I figure out how to solve it, I'll let you know...

Here is my weidu.log: -- Any mods starting with AB were setup by me (the code not always mine).
Code: [Select]
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~ABUTIL/ABUTIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix graphic glitch with bridge to Baldur's Gate City
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 12 Beta 4 PRE-RELEASE May 16, 2007
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location. -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack
~BW_HERBS/SETUP-BW_HERBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Herbs and Potions Add-in (BG1 / BG1Tutu / BGT) v1.0.1 by Baronius
~SETUP-SLIMEQUEST_JASTEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of jastey's mini-quest mod "fun with slime"
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu
~MUR'NETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Mur'Neth NPC mod for Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU
~MUR'NETH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remove Rare selection sounds
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin v 1.2 beta
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin Romance (adult content)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Romance Timers -> Gavin's Romance Speed (standard: 1 hour)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flirts
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portraits -> Alternate Portrait 1 by berelinde (default)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #12 // Player Initiated Dialog
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections
~IIITEMMOD/SETUP-IIITEMMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and  Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)
~IIPROJECTILER/SETUP-IIPROJECTILER.TP2~ #0 #2001 // Projectile Retrieval Mod -> Easy TUTU
~IILEARNTHROUGHUSE/SETUP-IILEARNTHROUGHUSE.TP2~ #0 #2001 // Learn Through Use
~ABUTIL/ABUTIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Keep Obe's Cellar Party from trying to be a real party
// Recently Uninstalled: ~AB_PARTYSCRIPT/AB_PARTYSCRIPT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install ABparty AI script
~AB_PARTYSCRIPT/AB_PARTYSCRIPT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install ABparty AI script
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Yet another crash to desktop...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
Can this be replicated on a clean EasyTutu installation?
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:31:29 PM »
This sounds like a problem with RestParty() or something - I will recheck the banter to make sure - perhaps we messed up on a check for Xzar being dead somehow, or linked the darned thing so it would only fire the Rest() stuff when Xzar responded? Other than that, I can't think of what would cause this. What was the banter, please?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
Actually, the problem is on my end.
I had tried with the same game by changing the party script not realizing that any global variables would still be on the cre files.
I tried a NEW game without my script ever being activated and there was no crash all the way through the above mentioned point in game.
So the problem is again with my script.  I think that while the global variables I use make logical sense, they are too much for the game to handle.  I tested the theory by commenting out all global variables and such in my script.  I never went as far as the game point above (as I had developed a new and earlier crash point in my search for the problem), but it appeared to be fine.

I did try eseries and it did not crash, but it does stutter (from too many variables to cycle through).

I did some digging and found an old version of my script where the variables worked.  I've made modification to the newer version to use the variable style of the older version.  Preliminary tests indicate that it should work.  I'll be testing it out more in depth to be sure though.

We might even be able to say that the crash I had before when leaving Obe's cellar had something to do with my script too.  I had been using it then as well.

Guess I might need a good lesson in global variables.  Don't ya think?
My working mods:

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:11 AM »
I think the best way of playing BG1/BG2/EasyTUTU would be by turning the debug mode off and totally forgetting what the party script/global variables are in the first place. :) But that's just me.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
I think the best way of playing BG1/BG2/EasyTUTU would be by turning the debug mode off and totally forgetting what the party script/global variables are in the first place. :) But that's just me.
What debug mode?  I don't have any such thing turned on.  I have only realized that when the crashes occur it is at a point when one of the blocks, containing a check or a set for a global variable, within my party script is attempting to run.
I've thought that I had too many global variables within the game and removed one mod that I know is heavy on variables, but the game crashes only when my party script has been activated.
From here on out, I need to move my questions/problems to another thread/topic as it no longer is an issue with EasyTutu itself.
My working mods:

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
The problem was with the use of HaveSpell and the scripting of certain spin and spcl spells.  Rather than modifiy the level of those spells, I chose instead to use HaveSpellRES.  The crash problem is solved.  Now I just need to make the script do what I want it to do.

So in answer to MacReady's question of would it happen in an unmodded tutu the answer would be yes, however, it happens because spells which aren't normally scripted were scripted.  So is there a fix, perhaps, perhaps not.  I had several spin and spcl spells listed and I couldn't tell you which one was the culprit.  But for now, there are no crashes and I'm happy about that.
My working mods:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: