Author Topic: 2 Quick questions  (Read 2310 times)

Offline zakalwe7

• Planewalker
2 Quick questions
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:00:18 AM »
First post from a non-modding n00b to mods but longtime IE fan

I'm just starting up a heavily modded game of BG2 and have 2 quick questions -

1) I am unfamiliar with Shadowkeeper but was wondering how i would go about changing Jaheira to a Ranger / Cleric bearing in mind i've never used it before. Do i have to start at level 1, or do i have to find out what her scores should be first? I don't wnat to break the system

2) I have installed a hell of alot of mods. ALmost all of them are ones recommended here and at a couple of other BG2 modding sites. Strangely i am having problems with some of the zipped files - they are not installing but instead coming up with 'cannot find diaglogue txt file' or some such?  Is this because of a previously installed mod? As i said i am fairly noobish about mods, but tried to stick as closely as possible to the Install Order and well recognised mods.

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
Re: 2 Quick questions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:11:57 AM »
2) You need to move the installer into your BG2 folder before you run it.

(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

Offline zakalwe7

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:20:01 AM »
2) You need to move the installer into your BG2 folder before you run it.

I think that it might be the stage before that. I'm not on my home PC at the moment so i'll just have to remember how it is. I think that it's when i click on the download link, it then comes up with Open/Save/Cancel etc, then the WinZip box, I click to extract it to BG2 Shadows of Amn. Then it starts going through the %s but the top line sticks at 0% then the box comes up with the 'cannot find txt dialogue' or some such.

I've installed these mods before, and I guess that i'm just worried that something i've done has wiped out the file. Note that i could still install some mods, the ones that install direct rather than those that need to be unzipped.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:37:25 AM »
1) Changing Jaheira's class to Ranger/Cleric and saving should do it.

2) Do you have the mod in .rar/zip format on your hard drive? Download it(without doing anything else, just save it on your hard drive), if you do not.
Then unpack it in your BG2 directory. Then, after it unpacks, go to your BG2 directory and run Setup-ModName.exe from your BG2 directory. If it doesn't run right away, that's okay - it might be self-updating. Run it again, and it should work.

Offline zakalwe7

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:29:08 AM »
1) If i do that will it change everything like her thaco, abilities, spells, etc automatically?

2) Didn't try it from the Hard Drive but rather just Opened it. The problem is occuring when i am unpacking it into the directory. The error message is coming up then.

However i do have about 20 good mods (some of which i've tried before) installed. So i have enough to get going with - I am just missing 1 or 2 from the list i'd prepared.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 07:16:50 AM »
1) Her spellbook will be changed - you will be able to scribe other spells into it. Her stats will remain the same. As for THAC0, if you want to further improve it, you will have to change it manually - though the fewer changes you make via ShadowKeeper, the better.

2) Which is why I am telling you: do not open it right away, save it to your hard drive first.

Offline zakalwe7

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »
1) Ok so her thac0 will be automatically changed from a f/d to an r/c's then? Likewise with hitpoints and abilities?

2) Great. Ok I'll do that tonight  :)

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
1) I am unfamiliar with Shadowkeeper but was wondering how i would go about changing Jaheira to a Ranger / Cleric bearing in mind i've never used it before. Do i have to start at level 1, or do i have to find out what her scores should be first? I don't wnat to break the system
There's a mod in beta, alternate BG2 NPCs, that should be able to set this automatically.

Install it at the end of your list of mods. If you're playing just BG2, then you have to run it before starting a NEW game. If you're using TuTu or BGT, then run it before meeting Jaheira at the Friendly Inn.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: