Author Topic: Infinite flirt bug  (Read 2639 times)

RabbitD

Infinite flirt bug
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »
Hey guys, love the mod, unfortunately Mr. game-killing bug has reared his ugly head.

Basically, after a certain point, whenever I enter an outside area, Aerie's flirt dialogue will begin every 2 seconds or so, unless the PC is far enough away from her. There seems no way to stop it short of killing or booting Aerie. I have tried re-installing the mod, doesn't work. Tried booting and recruting Aerie, doesn't work. The really odd bit is when flirts are unistalled/disabled, the problem still persists - Aerie stops and the PC turns to Aerie, and they attempt to begin dialogue (no dialogue box comes up - I can only tell dialogue is being attempted when I attempt to save. Is there any way to fix this short of a re-install?

Other mods
Official patch
Ease of Use (most components)
Unfinished business (most components)
Virtue
Gibberlings 3 tweak pack
Fade
Kelsey
Beyond the Law

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Infinite flirt bug
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
This is not a flirtpack issue, but, rather, a mod conflict issue.

Did you install Virtue LAST - like, absolutely last, otherwise it won't work?

As well, did you install Flirt Packs after all other NPC mods(because I suspect that a NPC banter without a weight is at fault here, either from Beyond The Law or Fade)?

If the answers are no and no, uninstall Flirt Pack, exit, uninstall Virtue, exit, install Flirt Pack, install Virtue.

Also, all or most Ease Of Use components have been included into BG2 Tweak Pack(the latest version available at Gibberlings3), so I advise you to install this, instead.

Other mods
Official patch

If you installed *other mods* before the official patch, your game is really, really messed up. Read this thread for more information: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,38.0.html

RabbitD

Re: Infinite flirt bug
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »
Thanks for your help, for although it I couldn't solve the problem, your advice at least led me down the right path.

What I hadn't done on your just was install virtue last ("other mods" was a section heading, and the official patch was first - I'm not that stupid  :) ). So I re-installed virtue, un-installed and installed bot virtue and flirt, un-installed both, but to no avial. The flirt dialogues only occured w/flirt installed but I still had the PC and Aerie stopping to start dialogue. Having uninstalled flirt and knowing it had nothing to do with the romance, I thought of other possible dialogues with Aerie, and re-membered that it was about time for Aerie to remind the PC to go see Quayle to recieve info on Haer'-Dalis' quest. I went to visit Quayle, and hey presto, problem solved.

I'm guessing what happened (excuse my lack of technical language) was one of the mods (not virtue or flirt) corrupted that interjection - the flirt dialogue was used because it becomes "default" dialogue as oposed to "Aerie has nothing to say" and lacking a valid dialogue to match the "reminder to see Quayle" flag, I got the default dialogue instead.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: