Author Topic: Kelsey sorta-crash  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Amedyr

• Planewalker
Kelsey sorta-crash
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:36:13 AM »
I searched 2 different forums and couldn't find a similar problem, so here goes:

I got my party to rest at an inn, and a Kelsey dialogue popped up. But the screen was in 'hide' mode, and the dialogue window (the one to choose the answers from) wouldn't show! I know that it was started by Kelsey because the screen centered on him and for a split second I could see the dialogue window with his picture on it, before it disappeared.

Here's the situation: the screen wouldn't scroll, but the animations worked (the inn customers were moving about). I typed 1 and Enter alternatively, and eventually the dialogue was over and everything went back to normal. I reloaded the game and it's running smoothly, now.. but I'm gonna have to wait a while until I can get that dialogue again... I hope it works, this time  :-\

Tech details:

I've installed:
TOB
TOB official patch
TOB Fixpack

and the mods:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha v9 (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari
~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
// Recently Uninstalled: ~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Kelsey/Solaufein Content: Banter and Romance Conflict OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED ONLY for use with Solaufein V60 AND ABOVE
// Recently Uninstalled: ~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey)?
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Kelsey/Solaufein Content: Banter and Romance Conflict OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED ONLY for use with Solaufein V60 AND ABOVE
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey)?
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter both from Kelsey and other NPCs)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Kelsey sorta-crash
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:00:05 AM »
Sounds like something really rare. Let's hope it will not happen again. I know it should work, so it might be a rare glitch or something?

Thank you for reporting - please, tell us, if it happens again. And welcome to PPG.

Offline Amedyr

• Planewalker
Re: Kelsey sorta-crash
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
Thank you! :) 

I'll be sure to post here if the bug happens again  8)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: