Author Topic: Anomen/Saerk conflict never spawns  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Flarn

• Planewalker
Anomen/Saerk conflict never spawns
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
I am not entirely sure if the problem is with the NPC flirt pack, but in all the games I've played since installing it, Anomen gets the notification that Moira is dead, we go back to see his Dad, but we never get the follow up saying Cor has gone after Saerk himself and gotten killed. Anomen never runs off, and then he has his test. I thought maybe this was a new development of the mods, but instead long after Ano has had his test, Terl spawns again, and Anomen enters into a constant dialogue loop repeating the flirt about 'earthly pleasures' over and over again.

Is there any way to fix this?

Flarn

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Anomen/Saerk conflict never spawns
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »
Terl spawning again waaaaay after Ano having his test is as it should be in the original game, yes.
- first, Moira gets murdered and Ano hears about it,
- then, Ano gets to choose, suppose he does a good choice and doesn't touch Saerk,
- then, romance progresses,
- at some point, Ano is summoned to to his test, he becomes a knight,
- as a very 'knightly' action, he offers to bed PC, then, at lovetalk after next, confesses his undying love(wrong order, but never mind),
- finally, Terl spawns again, and here Anomen should run off.

First of all, do you have FlirtPack installed last? It should be, otherwise Anomen's J file is in trouble.

I thought maybe this was a new development of the mods, but instead long after Ano has had his test, Terl spawns again, and Anomen enters into a constant dialogue loop repeating the flirt about 'earthly pleasures' over and over again.

Instead of "One approaches, and his appearance seems familiar to me?" Yes, sounds like a problem. I'd temporary disable flirts via console - I think there should be a DisableFlirts variable(not sure about the correct spelling, however).

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:59:04 AM »
You should see the previous posts in this thread http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,23838.0.html
If I am not mistaken, if you indeed have Kivan in your group, this is not flirt pack's fault, but Kivan's, so to speak.
So, like I told Amanda, if the first line of this dialog is indeed "My love, I know that there are those who preach that a true knight should stay away from the earthly pursuits, but you have proven me that true love is the strongest forger of spirits devoted to goodness." (you wrote earthly pleasures, but I'm guessing this is what you meant), you might want to head over to the G3 forums, as this is a sort of romance conflict.
Hope this helps! :D
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline Flarn

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:28:35 AM »
I have Kivan installed but he hasn't really been in my group in this game.

Flarn

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:17 AM »
He doesn't have to be: it might be that script checks are wrong(not full). I guess that, yes, Eleima got it right: this bit of dialogue is exactly from Kivan mod, and it alone is responsible.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: