Author Topic: Kelsey set-up  (Read 2091 times)

muffin-tacos

Kelsey set-up
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »
After running the install and installing everything, a message pops up saying that I have to run the set-up again to actually install it. I don't understand how to.

I tried clicking on the install thingy again, but the same thing happened again. If that's not the set-up, then I don't know what is. :-\

Help anyone? Would apreciate it!  :)

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
Re: Kelsey set-up
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
This is acutally related to WeiDU, and not the Kelsey mod itself.  What you need to do is update the WeiDU program, and to do so, you have to figure out which mod has the most recent version of WeiDU.  Run the steup of the most recent mod, and it will then update all the other older WeiDU setup's of the older mods (I like using Xan to do this, he has WeiDU 199, which is close to being the most recent if I'm not mistaken).  Just make sure you don't touch any of the components in the mod you're using to update the WeiDU, so as not to mess up your mod install order.
As an example, say that you want to install Ascension (WeiDU N°176), then Kelsey NPC (WeiDU N°153).  First, you have to install Ascension, than you try to install Kelsey, but get that error message that disappears.  You then run the Ascension setup program, it'll update Kelsey, you exit, and go back to the Kelsey to install him.
I hope I'm making some sense! ;D It's not exactly a simple method, but it's the only fool-proof method I've found so far.  Hope this helps! :D
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

muffin-tacos

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »
I still get the <sorry WeiDu won't let me> message and I've done what you said - or at least I think I did. What am I doing wrong? :-\

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:50:26 AM »
I am going to write these instructions as if you have saved the mod to your game directory, BG2 - SoA.

1 - You are looking at a self-extracting archive. Double-click on it. This will unpack the mod, and might possibly update WeiDU.

2 - If you are looking at a statement that ends with "Windows won't let me..." then go to step 5.

3 - If you are not looking at the statement that ends as in step 2, you will see that a few files have unpacked. You are interested in the one marked Setup-Kelsey.exe

4 - Double-click on it. This will cause a DOS window to open and you will see a list of your other mods, updated to the current version. At the very end, you will see a statement that ends "Windows won't let me..." Close the DOS window by clicking on the x in the upper right corner.

5 - Double-click on Setup-Kelsey.exe. This might be your second time doing this, unless you skipped here from step 2. This time, you will get a choice of languages in which to procede. Go ahead and pick.

6 - Your setup should proceed as normal.

7 - When the mod is installed, you will see a line that says "Press ENTER to exit" (or something like that). Press ENTER and *wait for all the sound files to finish unpacking*. This will take a while.

Repeat for Kelsey for ToB, if desired.

muffin-tacos

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »
thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! That helped me a lot. Now I managed to install quite a few mods that haven't worked before  :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: