Author Topic: IWD2 Ease-of-use: Luck and armor damage resistance  (Read 3434 times)

Koki

IWD2 Ease-of-use: Luck and armor damage resistance
« on: March 29, 2007, 01:29:08 AM »
So there's two questions I have.

First one is, as I understand it, all Goblins in Targos are vastly nerfed. The thing I'm interested in is their -4 to Luck - it makes them unable to score a critical hit it seems, which is very nice since when playing solo there's almost always over 10 monsters attacking you and you get hit by crits often no matter how high your AC is. Is there any way to give this "ability" to all monsters in the game(Not full -4 of course, -1 would be enough)? Is this specified by the area or by the CRE file(I couldn't find anyhing unusual about the Targos Goblins using Dalekeeper)?

Second thing: The armor providing damage resistance component is interesting, but don't you think that it's a bit too powerful? Especially with Include Forgotten Armor and Shields component - Mail of Life and Sad Giant's Cap give you whooping +12 damage resistance before first chapter begins, making you practically invicible to all but magic. Anyway, there's an "Official" 3ED version of armor providing damage resistance in Unearthed Arcana, which can be found here. Just in case you don't know ;)

Cheers for all the mods.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: