Author Topic: help!  (Read 4772 times)

Aras

help!
« on: March 28, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

Hello, just needed a little quick reassurace. It's been awhile since I've run through BG2 and the Xan romance is pretty different than Kelsey or Anomen (which is awesome!)  :)

However, I'm not sure if my romance is dead or if we're just friends or what. I tried to check the variable on the CLUA console, but I am pretty retarded about these things and it said "file does not exist" when I entered in:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("XanRomanceActive","Global")
I am playing the "non-bonded" version and it seems with his talks that he doesn't like my protaganist all that much, I believe the last LT was about traveling.

Thanks for any advice and input. It's a great mod so far (as I'm sure you know!)

-Aras

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: help!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 01:11:11 AM »
Heya,

I suspect you're playing the friendship path, actually.

Is your protagonist an elven female, as specified in the Readme? If yes -  when you click on him, what options do you receive? (If it's something about drinking and no hugs, then, yep, it's friendship). :)

If she is not an elven female, then, yes, friendship is a default option.

Aras

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:20:31 AM »
 Thanks for the rapid response (insominac like me? different time zone?). :)

Definately no hugging going on, but my PC is an elf. Did I screw something up somewhere?

-Aras

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:29:30 AM »
It's about noon where I work. :)

If you are an elf, and no hugging going on - I think you might have a friendship path indeed. Just to be sure - do you have these when you click on him?

(Xan turns to you, frowning.)
1. How are you?
2. Fancy a drink?
3. Do you trust me?

If so, you must have chosen either "I've never met this person before" or "We were just friends in BG1"-like option when you first met. Never fear, you still get plenty of dialogue(the same amount as any of the romance paths, or perhaps more), and as for the romance, wait until ToB, and if you still want to, you'll have your chance to ask him.

Again, it's not screwing up, it is choosing a different path - and I do not think it is a wrong one. Um, that is, I rather like it. :)

But! If you're having these when you click on him, you're indeed following the non-bonded path all right:

(Xan gives you a furtive glance out of the corner of his eye.)
1. (Hug Xan)
2. (Grin at Xan)
3. (Pout at Xan)

And if you're having these, choose "May I talk to you?" option and try to set things right again:

(Xan walks beside you, his gaze fixed on his feet.)
1. You have been rather silent as of late. Are you ignoring me?

Aras

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:43:42 AM »

Yes you are, of course, absolutely correct. And it's not that the friendship path is not worth it, it just wasn't what I was expecting having almost completed half the game and thinkin that it was a romance.

I appreciate you answering my questions though, and now I know better. :)

And I must also say that this is probably the most executed mod I have ever played.

-Aras

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:57 AM »
Well, if you continue, I dare say that in the end you will be rewarded. :)

Glad you enjoyed: this path was the first one to be written, the "top-priority" one, so maybe it showed, too.

Aras

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »

And I must also say that this is probably the most executed mod I have ever played.

-Aras

Wow, how about most *well* executed. The above sounds kind of like something a certain morosely hot elf man would say.  ;)

Now I've got games with all three paths going. Though I'm working on the non-bonded one currently.

But, it is an excellent mod and you are super awesome for answering my little piddly questions.

-Aras

p.s. Did I type the CLUA code wrong anybody?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:13:18 AM »
:) Yep, I got it, and I thought it was very appropriate. Thank you for the compliments - though, really, I have a feeling you haven't seen all the nasty surprises the mod has to offer, otherwise you'd speak differently.

The variable is O#XanRomanceActive, but I wouldn't count on it, much: in fact, I remember the case when a player had it at 3(non-bonded path) in the Underdark(right), and set it to 2(wrong). You can all guess what happened next... *evil grin*

(In any case, if you feel something is horribly, horribly wrong, rest easy: you are probably on the right track).

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
That poor player! I can only imagine how disappointed they must have felt, if emotions that painful could possibly be called "disappointment."

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 11:24:17 AM »
I don't know if they actually did that: it was at aerie.ru, and it was a typical "Hey, I'm in the Underdark, something went wrong and my RA is at 3, I set it to 2, what should I do?" and me: "You wrong. I right. Set RA to 3 or you bad."(well, it was much longer and politer than this, but you got the idea).

I *hope* they set it back to 3, though. I really do - getting both "events" at once is just too much...

But, okay, I'll try not to spoil anymore. :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
Oh, and, yes, both romance paths have huge spoilers, so you might want to avoid reading forums until you are done with ToB...

Aras

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »

Oh great forums, may someone deem me worthy enough to once again answer a witless question...  :D

I am in TOB on the non-bonded path (for real this time!) and working on Xan's "save the elves from the slavers" quest. My problem is that he prompted me to go back to town and there are no slavers to vanquish! I hope they are not in the cave with the undead, because I screwed that quest up (I left the bar too quickly and Marlowe is stuck there and won't talk to me... and I can't go back [no saves]... hence, I can't get in the cave.)

Help! Will it mess anything up if I cannot finish this quest? If so, can I fix this Marlowe bug?

-Aras

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »
I am not sure about Marlowe bug - I think I can't help you there, since I do not have Infinity Explorer at hand.

With Xan, the slavers should be where you met them the first time - near the very entrance to the city. If they aren't there, wait one day. If they're still not there, then it is something I need to fix for my V4 release - please zip your save game directory to kulyok, at yandex.ru, and I'll have a look.

And - folks, I'll be away till the 16th of April, so the search function is your friend. In fact, it is always your friend. :)

Aras

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

Ok, they were there, I just had to wait a little longer (it definitely took more than a day though).

One more silly thing, and then I swear I will stop bugging you guys. My PC can no longer flirt with Xan, when I click on him, one of *his* flirts pops up ("Xan takes a step in your direction...*). Is this good, bad, niether? Will it hurt the rest of the game (which isn't much by now)?

And as far as sending my game directory to you... I'm sorry I'm technologically challanged.  :-[ How...?

Thanks once again.

-Aras

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 11:05:19 PM »
I'll look into the timer thing as well, thank you.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »
And as far as sending my game directory to you... I'm sorry I'm technologically challanged.  :-[ How...?

This is easy: you play BG2, save, name this save, say, ForKulyok. Then you quit the game, go to your Baldur's Gate directory, and open save directory. There should be a 00000009-ForKulyok directory there. Not necessarily 00000009, either - could be any number. You have to archive it(this directory) into a .zip or a .rar file - if you don't know how to do it, download WinZip from http://winzip.com/  - they must have a free trial version. Usually viewing the files in Total Commander, pressing the right mouse button and choosing "Add to archive..." option does the trick.

Then you write a letter to me - (Edited out 29/05 - Kulyok) - and attach the file to the letter. Should be working. I'd like both the save where the flirts don't work and the save where you have problems with the timer, too - so two letters are better than one. :) Anyone else with this problem is welcome to do it(preferably today), as well.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 05:36:43 AM »
I've figured out what the problem with the flirts was(my local copy was all right, but v3 had a flaw - I really need to update the latest version), but I do wonder how anything could have gone wrong with the slavers. The code is pretty much foolproof - after Xan tells you "Let us return to the place where we found the women..." - the slavers should spawn in Amkethran at once. So, yes, I'd appreciate a save game.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 03:15:37 AM »
And, since v4 is out, I hope both issues have been addressed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: