Author Topic: protagonist walks slow, NPCs don't... :(  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Lasivern

• Awful/Evil Monk
  • Planewalker
protagonist walks slow, NPCs don't... :(
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
Like the header says.  With EasyTuTu my protagonist always walks at a very slow speed as compared to any/or all of the NPCs.  She is managing about 1/2 to 3/4 speed vs them.  Just as if she was encumbered... but she isn't encumbered.  :(

The BG/TotSC installation was very basic, 3 disk set [thus no patch], Balderash fixes.

The ToB install has a lot more mods, such as UB, IU, Banterpacks, Imoen Romance.  Plus the proper patch and Balderash fixes.

Add ons for EasyTuTu were fixpack v.17, degreenifier, NPC kits [?] and the NPC banter/romance add-on - all in that order.  I installed the walking speed component.

After noting the problem of the PC walking slower than anyone else, I uninstalled the walking speed component - no change.  Tried re-installing it but still no effect - the PC still walks like she is carrying 8 sets of chainmail.  Indeed she walks slower than an encumbered Imoen!  :(

Any ideas/suggestions to get my PC to keep up with the group?  If the topic is an old one, my apologies and thanks in advance for whomever points me to the proper thread.

Thanks.  :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: protagonist walks slow, NPCs don't... :(
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:30:42 AM »
I believe your answer is here - walking speeds component is a bit buggy and unstable.

The current advice is in the next post, or here.

For the future reference, the search function here at PPG works very well - took me a few minutes to find this.

Offline Lasivern

• Awful/Evil Monk
  • Planewalker
Re: protagonist walks slow, NPCs don't... :(
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:30:08 AM »
Thanks for the help.  From the looks of things it seems better to just leave the walking speeds component unistalled entirely.  I'll get around to doing a complete re-install of everything once I get the urge to play again.  Thanks.

And yeah,  no doubt the search function works great, and if I wasn't so lazy, and if I spent more than 5 minutes a year in forums, I'd know how to use it.  Next time I need any help, I'll search around first.  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: