Author Topic: Anomen romance buggy?  (Read 6701 times)

Amanda

Anomen romance buggy?
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
So I recently installed the flirt pack and started a new anomen romance which was working fine up until the point where he passes his test and the first LT after the test comes up fine and then suddenly there is something along the lines of "MY love there are some who preach that true knights should stay away from earthly pursuits..." and my options are 1. something about being celibate and 2 options mentioning saerk and how I don't really love him and one that mentions Alaundo. I was just wondering if this was a flirt pack thing and if it is why is it still coming up when I uninstalled it?

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
Re: Anomen romance buggy?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:13:26 AM »
If Anomen's first line is indeed "My love, I know that there are those who preach that a true knight should stay away from the earthly pursuits, but you have proven me that true love is the strongest forger of spirits devoted to goodness.", then the problem is not the flirt pack, but must be Kivan NPC.  Do you have him installed and in the party?  I'm fairly certain this issue has already been addressed at the G3 forum here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=58  If my memory's any good, Domi is aware of this little bug.  Hope this helps! :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:04:18 AM by Eleima »
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Amanda

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »
hey thanks I never even thought about kivan being the culprit but I do indeed have him in the party. I guess I'll head over there and see what can be done. thanks

Rni

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I got a strange problem with Anomen romance and I couldn't find totally similar earlier topic about this one. I'm not sure if this should be a topic of it's own, but there seems to be so much similar issues that I decided to post my question here.

Well, about Anomen and my problem :)

Anomen-romance starts as it should and his quest starts too as the game goes on. We're done with the killed-sister issue, and eventually Anomens test is about to take place. It goes well, too, and he is knighted. After we step out of the hall of his Order he says something about a grand day and later he thanks Keldorn too.

And then absolutely nothing happens with the romance. I'm still waiting for the next lovetalk, but it seems I have to wait it till the end of times.  He won't talk to my PC at all, and the romance delays and delays. I'm helpless with this situation and I was wondering if it would have anything to do with the flirtpack.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »
Do his flirts show when you click on him?

Do you have other romances installed/active? Post your Weidu.log, please.

Also, you could try to rest, activate the console, press CTRL-I for a few times(more like twenty or thirty), use
CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(999999), and, while we're here, check

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

Rni

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
Nope, the usual red text "Sir Anomen has nothing to say to you" only appears instead of flirts.

There are no other romances going on.

I noticed also something funny when reading the "Romancing BioWare Style" - topic and the lovetalks Anomen is supposed to say before his test:
~~~~~~~~
"LD18: 'My lady, I have been pondering your situation ..'
LD20: 'I...I am truly sorry, my lady...'
LD22: 'My Test is coming very soon, my lady. ..'
**Take Anomen to the Order for his test now** (or he'll get ..upset again)
~~~~~~~~

In my game Sir Ryan Trawl comes to us telling about the test already after Anomen says that he's sorry (LD20) and the talk about coming test never really shows up. I also found out that if I (in that LD20) tell Anomen that nothing is so much worth of worrying, not even the test, Sir Ryan appears telling that it is time for the test and if I say that Anomen should be strong and keep up the good work Ryan Trawl doesn't appear at all. Should I continue to play and see if the next lovetalk will come or should I just try doing tricks with CLUAConsole.

And here's the weidu-whatever-thing (not sure if I picked the right thing, but I'm pretty sure someone will tell me if not) :D

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:04:31 PM »
Then your Anomen Romance is inactive - you've said something wrong to him. You could try re-setting it, but since he has already passed his test, your best bet would be restoring an earlier save. The problem is not FlirtPack-related (well, it is probably not a problem at all, since everything proceeds as intended: "wrong" reply -> end of romance).

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
While we're on the subject of "Anomen has nothing to say to you," is there a point at which the flirt pack kicks in? My BG2 game is still really, really early in the romance (like about LT2) and I'm getting that with the patch installed and RA=1. I'd go look, but I can never seem to remember it when I'm actually in front of my computer.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »
After LT4 or so - it's all in the readme.

Rni

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
Then your Anomen Romance is inactive - you've said something wrong to him. You could try re-setting it, but since he has already passed his test, your best bet would be restoring an earlier save. The problem is not FlirtPack-related (well, it is probably not a problem at all, since everything proceeds as intended: "wrong" reply -> end of romance).
Earlier lovetalks kept coming ( so I quess I hava said the right things before) until the latest one after which Sir Ryan appeared and Anomen was tested, so I must have done something wrong with that
I'll just then choose the option where I support Anomen more and tell him to stay in the course he has chosen, and see if the missing lovetalk will appear. I'll report later if that helps, in case if someone is having the same problem with test actually beginning too early.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »
The test begins immediately after you mess up with the romance and say the wrong thing, so it's probably as it should be, too.

Rni

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
Ah, sorry for being such a hurry-ass and for wasting your time  :-[ Thanks for interest anyway, I've never ever had such quick and friendly response when I'm asking something stupid.  ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: