Author Topic: A problem with the Anomen/Kelsey conflct  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Khaira

• The dark elf maiden of chaos...
  • Planewalker
  • I <3 Gorillaz
    • Visions of a Senshi fan
A problem with the Anomen/Kelsey conflct
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »
Um im not sure if anyone else addressed this being a newbie to this forums but something bugs me with the whole Anomen/Kelsey conflict for my characters affections. Dont get me wrong the rivarly is nice and its funny to watch their banter, but too soon for me in the game came their showdown and it didnt really leave my character much choice. At this point in the game im not really interested in either and thats not even an option. Nor is there an option to let either or down gently its just rip out their hearts and stomp on them. Its take Anomen abuses and all or take Kelsey both who spent more time whinning then anything. And when you choose the second option it tells Kelsey he will never be anything more even if your not sure thats how ya feel because its the only real option against saying a complete yes to Anomen. Now that is fine if your an evil or neutral person but if you spend most of the time doing nice things, helping beggars doing the non bad path it makes no sense to me that you would be so cold in deciding who will be your true suitor. Im going to keep playing abit more since I choose (and I use that term loosely cause the option told him not to jump ahead of himself) Anomen and see if I can at least appease Kelsey somehow. I just didnt like the options, I would have prefered even If I did choose one not to make it such a horrid ordeal. Anomen definately took it better when I reloaded and choice Kelsey but the good sorceror comes off as a kid throwing a tantrum if you dont pick him and unless you choose anomen or him theres no way out of the situation ugh. K im done venting I like the mods ive installed so far specially the Minsc quest, I just hate to see the triangle end in such terms. If im not seeing the whole thing then I appologize ahead of time, I just dont like that one option maybe its just me or maybe it was just too soon.

And I add this is my own personal beef im sure many others like these options they just bother me I wish there was more options when that conflict comes specially if your a goody goody at the time. This conflict works perfect with my chaotic neutral character but this time around when im trying out the good role it just doesnt fit.
in a world of chaos there are no such things as friends or foes, randomness guides and terror awaits you.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: A problem with the Anomen/Kelsey conflct
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
To the point about the PC replies: All a matter of taste, I guess. I tried to provide a "not so bad" option to express preference for either, but of course there's always going to be room for people who would prefer to be even nicer (or even meaner!)

To the point about Kelsey not looking terribly good in that scenario--it's by design that it's really not a shining moment for either him or Anomen.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Khaira

• The dark elf maiden of chaos...
  • Planewalker
  • I <3 Gorillaz
    • Visions of a Senshi fan
Re: A problem with the Anomen/Kelsey conflct
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »
That is true and I did love the conflict to a point it just seems so cold to say nothing will ever happen to him lol then again I am being abit sensitive to it. Thanks for the mod though its good to know that any female character I make now doesnt have to choose only Anomen.
in a world of chaos there are no such things as friends or foes, randomness guides and terror awaits you.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: