Author Topic: ShadowKeeper Affects: need help with affects.  (Read 4323 times)

Offline The_Schmah

• Planewalker
ShadowKeeper Affects: need help with affects.
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »
So, my brother and I took our two characters through BG1-ToS (using the Tutu mod, which was incredible), and are now into BG2 with said characters. The thing is, my brother's character (a cleric with an original Wisdom score of 18), read all 3 tomes of understanding in Bg1. So now his Wisdom is a whopping 21. Insane? sure.
so of course, 21 wisdom not only gives a character some crazy bonus spells, but (in AD&D anyway) additionally gives spell immunities. Initially I tried to find the specific spells and add immunities to them using the affects in ShadowKeeper, but I couldn't find the 'parameter 2' or spell number for the spells in question. So I thought up the idea of casting protection from fear on a character, and then just changing the duration of the spell to permanent on the character in question. The problem with this was that I couldn't find something that would work as a protection from charms or domination as chaotic commands also protected against maze, and that wasn't one of the immunities 21 Wis grants.
So then I remembered the greenstone amulet. Which is more or less identical in function to the abilities granted by 21 wisdom. So I edited the amulet into the game, and cast it upon the character, and changed those effects to permanent, and deleted the amulet. Initially when i loaded the game to test it, everything seemed fine, but then I casted dispell magic to be sure. And the spell was dispelled. Resting hadn't been tested yet, but if dispell takes it away so easily I don't see the point.

So right now were just playing with no crazy spell abilities, not that we REALLY need them (I suppose  :( ). In anycase, I think it would be interesting. Any help on adding affects to one's character would be greatly appreciated.

- Peace :-yin

Offline The_Schmah

• Planewalker
Additionally
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »
Almost forgot:
Another possibility I tried to explore was the creation of a ring or a cloak or something that would imbue the wearer with the abilities in question while it was equipped, without need of activation or charges. Similar to the helm of charm protection. Unfortunately I could find absolutely nothing on the web about creating your own items. I'm sure it's possible... I think I've seen a key ring? (brilliance! why didn't Black isle think of it??)
Any tips or links or "what-not's" would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
Re: ShadowKeeper Affects: need help with affects.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:19:21 AM »
You can make protections against specific spells (opcode #206)

You can make effects really permanent with timing method 9.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: