Author Topic: If the PC cheated on Anomen...  (Read 14863 times)

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
Re: If the PC cheated on Anomen...
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2004, 04:21:26 AM »
For Anomen, in the balance between his lawfulness and his goodness, I think lawfulness would win. He's always judged the virtue of his and other's actions by the word of the law.
Indeed.  ..and I think that this is the basis for some of the shit that comes out of his mouth.

I think we probably all agree on this one  :).
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Kate

• Beer Goddess
  • Planewalker
  • Rounds for everyone!
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2004, 03:29:24 PM »
Hmmm, well, personally; I think Anomen is kind of like a 10 year old little brat that's stuck in a man's body, at least when he goes off about something or another...  You know what I'm talking about, doesn't matter what you say to him, he'll just bite your head off like it's that time of the month for hime or something ::giggles::  Anyway...  I'm not sure how he would react if you cheated on him;  I say this only because he seems to always seek your advice, and seems to do whatever you tell him...  Hmmm  okie well let's see:

LG : I can see him not talking to you, though muttering distinct words under his breath, and mayber even dropping a few hints that he's upset when he HAS to talk to you;  It would probably go on for about a day, no more than two, before he just blows up either with more yelling about honor and blah blah blah  or babbeling, asking what he did to wrong you...  And I agree he'd probably leave the party unless you mentioned something about Imoen, then he'd more than likely stay, but not without saying a few insults about you shouldn't be one to talk about honor.

CN : Smacks you in the face before brooding over things for the next few days.  Blows up at you for the stupidist little things, so far as going as that you decided you liked the bastard sword and not the short sword.  I'd have to imagine he'd leave and tell you to take your honor and shove it up... (not finishing that  :D)  Anyway if he didn't leave I couldn't imagine him being much fun and the othe memebers of your party would more than likely want to toss him out anyway because they're sick of listening to it lol
"Oh, Anomen, *hiccup* I'll let you be my *hiccup* boyfriend,  if you buy me *hiccup* another drink..."

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2004, 03:36:09 PM »
I changed my mind, I can actually see him slapping you silly for cheating on him, no matter what his alignment is.
'Can I swashbuckle through your drawers?' - Grim Squeaker

Alarielle: There's a good kind of dirty?
Andyr: It's the 'cool, kinky' dirty as opposed to the 'take a bath you fucking messy fuck' dirty :)

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2004, 03:40:23 PM »
I don't think LG Anomen would hit someone he was involved with, under any circumstances.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 03:59:10 PM »
Yes, he does talk quite a hefty quantity of crap.  For example, chapter seven came around and we were making our way through Suldanesselar and he pipes up 'I am barely convinced that honour even holds a place of importance here etc etc'.  The heart of elven society!

Blame the code, not the character.

Or perhaps he had recently read 'Lords and Ladies' by Terry Pratchett.  ;)

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2004, 04:02:06 PM »
I don't think LG Anomen would hit someone he was involved with, under any circumstances.

Agreed. Maybe a wall though.

I can't believe that I have a better opinion of LG Anomen than others, but I really think if the PC had proven herself "good" enough in the past, and if she swore she'd never do it again in a believable way, he could forgive her.

This is more "iffy", but I can even see CN Anomen taking her back under certain circumstances, like if he killed the guy and if she groveled enough. Her guilt would give him a certain amount of power over her.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Kate

• Beer Goddess
  • Planewalker
  • Rounds for everyone!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2004, 04:42:24 PM »

Agreed. Maybe a wall though.

I can't believe that I have a better opinion of LG Anomen than others, but I really think if the PC had proven herself "good" enough in the past, and if she swore she'd never do it again in a believable way, he could forgive her.

This is more "iffy", but I can even see CN Anomen taking her back under certain circumstances, like if he killed the guy and if she groveled enough. Her guilt would give him a certain amount of power over her.

Hmmm..  But the really wasn't the question...  You simply asked "what if the character cheated on Anomen?"  ::ponders how to word it::  hmmm you never really said anything about the PC wanting Anomen back, now here's a question, what if you told Anomen that you didn't love him anymore?  ::giggles:: sorry
"Oh, Anomen, *hiccup* I'll let you be my *hiccup* boyfriend,  if you buy me *hiccup* another drink..."

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2004, 05:35:56 AM »
then he would top himself.  And possibly you

Andyr: It's the 'cool, kinky' dirty as opposed to the 'take a bath you fucking messy fuck' dirty :)

Domi

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »
I think a PC can make a case to LN Anomen (and by some reason in my game, the test came  after all is said and done, so I have LN Anomen romance only - and once was the pretty all Anomen Romance I could stand) saying that it was him who seduced, deflowered and turn PC from her lawful ways and now she is sinking deeper in deprivity. At which point PC will probably be gagged, tied hand and foot and delivered to the nearest Temple of Helm and end up with an extremely dutiful, yet unloving husband.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 05:14:00 PM by Domi »

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2004, 05:29:08 PM »
nah, he'd be too frightened of turning into his father

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2004, 05:31:23 PM »
then he would top himself.  And possibly you
What's that mean, now?
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2004, 05:32:02 PM »
It means he would kill himself

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2004, 05:03:39 PM »
You know, I wrote something about this and it's. . . somewhere.
Anyway, in the story, the PC cheated on Ano with Saemon Havarian while sans soul. I based his reaction on the assumption that he had grown somewhat during the game. Of course, he was angry and brooding, reverting to his basic habits. Perhaps it was a little optomistic of me, but I then had him take a look at the reasoning behind the 'act'. PC had no soul. PC had accidentally tried to kill him while she was the Slayer.
In my mind, he realized that the PC had some serious 'issues' and it was part and parcel of being a soulless Bhaalspawn. Not that he was able to forgive it all that easily, but he did forgive her.
He did it in his basic manner, of course. He allows the PC to dictate or guide his ethics when it came to dealing with his sister, so with something like the PC cheating on him, he turned to another for guidance, which in the story, happened to be Keldorn.

So basically, I think his reaction would depend on the advice he would recieve from whoever is available.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." -Sir Winston Churchill

Domi

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2004, 11:59:21 PM »
So basically, I think his reaction would depend on the advice he would recieve from whoever is available.

What a man to marry...  :D

Offline Veldrin

• Bane of the Illithid, and Valygar Corthala.
  • Planewalker
  • The Omni-present authority figure.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2004, 02:35:24 PM »
LG: He'd probably brood and cry and be very angry in general. Then, he'd have a quiet talk with the PC, possibly forgiving her, possibly leaving the partyu, depending on what way the conversation went.
CN: he'd refuse to beleive it, unless he saw it for himself. Then, I think he'd probably kidnap the PC, force her to marry him or something. Kill the guy you were cheating with. We all know how it goes: 'Lunatics and madmen tend towards the behavior of Chaotic Neutral characters.'  :-[
For Lolth.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2004, 02:59:32 PM »
*giggles franticly* i cheated on him with sola the pompous old fool

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
  • Why do people always steal my taglines? WHY?!
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2004, 03:37:49 PM »
Can you stop resurrecting old threads to add inane comments? Please?!
I've given up on the light of good.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2004, 03:40:56 PM »
who me??? sorry!!!, im just board out of my brain, no gossip, friends busy, little bros watching scooby doo, and ive finnished BG2 about one hundred times so, you know, im kinda trying to amuse myself

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2004, 03:49:38 PM »
Try downloading some mods, or playing another computer game, or getting a life, even.

Even Jason doesn't live 24/7 at PPG. ;)

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2004, 03:53:13 PM »
im not allowed out at night...... erm some person on the island got nicked recently, RECENTLY well ages ago, anyways my mum thinks some mado will nick me so i HAVE to be in when its dark i would sneak out the window but erm, its a BIG drop

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2004, 04:36:30 PM »
but the pc CAN cheat on him cant he? i mean if you have kelsey, you could couldn't you?,

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2004, 04:46:56 PM »
There's nothing written in the game code that lets the PC cheat on Anomen. You can cheat on Kelsey with CN Anomen only because the script writers did it like that. (And it sorta makes sense.) With the four original romances, there's no option to cheat. Once you decide who's gettin' your lovin', you can't change unless you manage to piss off that person.

And if you're looking for someone to talk to, why not download mIRC and join the PPG chatroom? (The directions for how to log on are here. I know you mean well, but your posts make you sound like an idiot, and if you continue posting blithe nonsense, people will treat you like an idiot.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2004, 04:51:34 PM »
thats true, i didnt actully know you could cheat on kelsey... maybe cus i havn't reached that part yet

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2004, 05:21:51 PM »
* icelus shoots Pirengle
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2004, 05:27:12 PM »
* icelus shoots Pirengle

hahaha thanks icelus

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: