Author Topic: Changing Paperdolls and Animation  (Read 12752 times)

Offline CeNedra

• Planewalker
Changing Paperdolls and Animation
« on: March 03, 2007, 07:47:29 AM »

Hi everyone! Have some of you ever thought Edwin looked mighty fine in his robes, only to find that Imoen doesn't actually 'wear' them at all? Then you might understand my annoyance. Now, problem is: I've got a Druidic Sorcerer (Mod), who doesn't show Robes, and of course stupid-llooking Imoen, and would like to replace their Paperdolls and the way they look ingame (how is that called, anyway?). Is that possible?

Thanks for reading this formidable example of bad english, anyway.  ;)

Offline Rabain

• Planewalker
  • Luck o' the Irish!
Re: Changing Paperdolls and Animation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
You can change her animation ID in either DLTCEP or NI.  She is set as thief_female_human by default...you probably want this set to mage_female_human.

Just be aware she won't wear her thief gear..belt etc...and i'm not sure if armour shows up on the mage animation either...just in case you use that sometimes.
Touchstone: Wild Elf Fighter
BG2CPM: Dialog Portraits for Everyone!
WTPFamiliars: A new version of the Find Familiar Spell
All at: Border Kingdoms

Offline CeNedra

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »

I actually did edit the animation ID, but the changes didn't show up. Maybe I got the wrong .cre files...  ::)

Offline Rabain

• Planewalker
  • Luck o' the Irish!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »
Yeah you probably want to go into the Savegame file and edit the cre in there.

Shadowkeeper is probably easier for this kind of editing if you're not used to editing savegames.
Touchstone: Wild Elf Fighter
BG2CPM: Dialog Portraits for Everyone!
WTPFamiliars: A new version of the Find Familiar Spell
All at: Border Kingdoms

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »
I'm semi-hijacking this thread to bring its subject to bear as per actual modding, not just the local use of Shadowkeeper.

How complex is it to change/create paperdolls for certain existing animations? For instance, the Spider_Sword animation has a paperdoll, but the Spider_Phase does not. What programs would I need to use to copy the sword spider's over to the phase spider? What about if I wanted to create an all-new paperdoll, such as for the Minotaur? I assume DLTCEP and Infinnity Explorer are involved, but I've been poking around in there and haven't seen anything promising. Thanks.

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 07:20:42 PM »
For monsters, I think these files are "M<<filename reference>>INV" and are either .BAMs or .PLTs.

IESDP says
PLT Files
The paperdoll image (PLT file) for an animation is named after the animation name (anisnd.ids), a number represending the armor state, then 'inv', hence mber1inv for a bear paperdoll.

ANISND.IDS lists spiders as
0x7A00 MSPI     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_SPIDER_GIANT
0x7A01 MSPI     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_SPIDER_HUGE
0x7A02 MSPI     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_SPIDER_PHASE
0x7A03 MSPI     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_SPIDER_SWORD
0x7A04 MSPI     CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_SPIDER_WRAITH

These all seem to have the same prefix, but the only -INV.bam/.plt file existing is MSPI3INV.BAM.  Therefore, I'm not sure that the prefixes alone will determine the right filenames, but from a quick glance, it looks like the numbers on the left might help in some cases.  Since sword is 3 and phase is 2, I'd think copying SPI3INV.BAM to SPI2INV.BAM would give an inventory image for the phase spider animation (if anything would).

I'd be less sure of what to attempt for the minotaur, since it seems it sort of shares a prefix with the mindflayer (which has an inventory graphic MMININV).  I'd try MMIN0INV and MMIN1INV to start, then give up.

Sam.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
I'm semi-hijacking this thread to bring its subject to bear as per actual modding, not just the local use of Shadowkeeper.

How complex is it to change/create paperdolls for certain existing animations? For instance, the Spider_Sword animation has a paperdoll, but the Spider_Phase does not. What programs would I need to use to copy the sword spider's over to the phase spider? What about if I wanted to create an all-new paperdoll, such as for the Minotaur? I assume DLTCEP and Infinnity Explorer are involved, but I've been poking around in there and haven't seen anything promising. Thanks.

I've been looking into this for quite some time, but it's been on the backburner lately....  You might find this interesting.  If you have anything to add or correct, let me know....   :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: