Author Topic: Any word on an update?  (Read 1065 times)

Kenyon

Any word on an update?
« on: February 17, 2007, 03:08:28 AM »
Hello -

I've been wondering for a while now if there is any work in progress on a 'final' version of EasyTutu - by that I mean one in which the journal entry system will be completed. I understand Macready's time is limited, but I thought it would be worth it to ask the question anyway.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Any word on an update?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:04:51 AM »
Hello -

Complete conversion of the journal (reorganizing to use the two Quests sections, providing consistent titles for Quests entries, removing solved quests from the unsolved section, preventing entries pertaining to solved quests from reappearing in the unsolved section, etc.) has been an unimaginably horrid slog -- a complete grind.  And I thought the spawn revamping was bad! (well, it was, but this is a whole new kind of bad).

So, rather than just stopping cold for a while to recharge my batteries, I just shifted gears to other EasyTutu topics to get a break from the journal.  The first mini-project was the new "space saver" installer feature, which is done.  The next, which is on the table right now, is integration of G3's BG2 fixpack (the parts that apply: kit fixes, spell fixes, innate fixes, various tables used by the engine to control class abilities / features) into EasyTutu, and full conversion to the BG2 spell system (instead of the converted BG1 spells from conventional Tutu).  That's progressing nicely.

When that is done, I've pretty much cleared my to-do list.  And then I will finish the journal...promise.  I'm already thinking about what's left -- it's amazing what a little time away will do for your morale.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Grand_dracolich

Re: Any word on an update?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »
Hello -

it's amazing what a little time away will do for your morale.

Easy for you to say, I have a starcraft map I've been working on for 4 months, I took a 3 month break and I'm still having a hard time on it.

But, nice to hear it's moving along, keep up the good work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: