Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.06  (Read 4451 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Bug Reports v1.06
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
Report bugs here.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports v1.06
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:53 AM »
The bugs I find are generally in my game (which uses dudley/baldurdash/UB/fotd), but I check them on a separate install with only fotd installed, and using infinity explorer.

Scar was always buggy, and these are again leftover from the original game, but they're there still.  Scar says he'll double your wages if you killed all the dopples, but only gives you the original 2000.  If you refuse to kill the dopples, you get that double bonus.  If you come back and Jhasso is dead, you get NOTHING, even though he says "I am about to pay you".  In fact, you may want to completely go over Scar's quests, as they are finicky or broken, or just simply (and easier) send this over to UB1 for them to fix, since they already edit nearly everything about it.

AR3303 (Red Sheaf Inn Upstairs) is still royally fudged.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 03:01:29 AM »
The bugs I find are generally in my game (which uses dudley/baldurdash/UB/fotd), but I check them on a separate install with only fotd installed, and using infinity explorer.

Thanks. This should save me the trouble of trying to reproduce bugs which are not caused by FotD.

Scar was always buggy, and these are again leftover from the original game, but they're there still.  Scar says he'll double your wages if you killed all the dopples, but only gives you the original 2000.  If you refuse to kill the dopples, you get that double bonus.  If you come back and Jhasso is dead, you get NOTHING, even though he says "I am about to pay you".  In fact, you may want to completely go over Scar's quests, as they are finicky or broken, or just simply (and easier) send this over to UB1 for them to fix, since they already edit nearly everything about it.

I noticed this myself when I soloed the game recently. I am going to add 'Do something about Scar' to my to-do list and see if I can find out where Bioware messed it up.

AR3303 (Red Sheaf Inn Upstairs) is still royally fudged.

Yes. This time I am going to make sure the containers are corrected.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »
Still missing that angel skin ring back in ar0005 for Petrine's quest.

I don't know if when you talk to Chanthalas Ulbright for the book of wisdom, and offer to pay 500 gold, you should actually lose that 500.  His speech is rather ambiguous, but I've never seen anyone not take money when it is offered to them, especially when it's a charity.

Obvious continuity bug where you can get 2 childs bodies from both Tenya and Jalantha.  I would suggest some new dialog where Tenya summons Jalantha, so Jalantha gives it to you.  I find it hard to believe that Tenya (a young priestess) would have the social power in the temple to give away the body of a thief.

Lothander is wearing some nice "b00t01"s.

Is it fair for a quick and nimble thief to be able to steal some of Abela's hair?  Not only once, but two times?

Ramazith doesn't have brac02 to give to you.

Abela didn't want to force talk to me, though she would walk to me.  I don't know what's going on.  Likewise, she doesn't teleport away, and stays at the bottom.  I can't remember if she is supposed to do that.

Container 1 in ar1206 and ar0302 is locked with a difficulty of 100%.

DOPZORL is still messed up.  It is also used for all of the dopplegangers which transform downstairs in ar0127 (the merchant's consortium).  I recommend just setting the string reference to 9363 which is Doppleganger.

I've experienced two Entars in ar0101, but I figure that's because one was introduced by both UB and FotD.  Sure enough, I only have one in my FotD install.  However, he is wearing universal Full Plate, and the only drawbacks to killing him are reputation and straying from the plot.  He should run at the first sign of danger, like he does when you talk to him.

Bad string reference for the name of the Fields of the Dead on the world map.  I had originally thought this was simply a UB bug, since it spouted UB lines, but its still bugged in my FotD install.

in ar5200, you can challenge the gnoll ludgrug (though his name is still gnoll, and his cre is gnoll5).  However, he immediately says "good job you win".  I believe this is also causing him to try to initiate dialog immediately, which makes moving around very difficult, since your character just stops every second.

Did you add SCWI262 (Choke) anywhere?  I'm not sure if you wanted it to be in the game or not.

I know I put this in the last bug report, but it's still there.  In AR1005, THEREL (Therella) should be there, but she is replaced by FTOWUB_E, I did a search in DLTCEP, and she doesn't exist in any area.  Likewise, when you leave that house, you exit the area and are put outside some different house.

I can't remember if I noticed this in the last version, but there are quite a few areas in the game that have RDNTRE01 through 5, instead of RNDTRE01.  This results in the blank items.  I searched the areas for more instances of this mistake, and there are a few, but I didn't find any on creatures.  Of course, that doesn't explain all the blank items.

The plate mail of haste can be used infinitely, or, at least way more than 28 times.

ar2630's container 3 has a potion of clarity in it.

From what I can tell, all Greater Dopplegangers seem to follow the same script for Durlag's Tower, which should probably not be the case for the Greater Dopples in Candlekeep.  It doesn't make sense for me to kill Kiel there.

I got stuck on the coronation again.  It seems Belt won't talk to me without having certain dopples dead, and I couldn't cheat my way into fixing it, even after killing all of them.  I eventually had to simply edit his dialog.

When I fought Sarevok, I just drank a potion of magic blocking an invulnerability, and he died in no time.  I think that these two items should not be allowed together, or at least the potion of magic blocking reduced to 4 rounds to simulate Protection from Magical Weapons.

Great game, and know that I made it through with around 200k exp soloing (with 10% experience fixer).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:54:27 PM by whathuh »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »
Thanks for the bug reports. I have not had time to look into them yet but I will do so soon.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »
If you want me to, I can keep editing my previous post with the new bugs I find.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:13:36 PM by whathuh »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »
Sure. Until I reply to it.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 07:39:52 AM »
Still missing that angel skin ring back in ar0005 for Petrine's quest.

Ramazith doesn't have brac02 to give to you.

Container 1 in ar1206 and ar0302 is locked with a difficulty of 100%.

DOPZORL is still messed up.  It is also used for all of the dopplegangers which transform downstairs in ar0127 (the merchant's consortium).  I recommend just setting the string reference to 9363 which is Doppleganger.

I've experienced two Entars in ar0101, but I figure that's because one was introduced by both UB and FotD.  Sure enough, I only have one in my FotD install.  However, he is wearing universal Full Plate, and the only drawbacks to killing him are reputation and straying from the plot.  He should run at the first sign of danger, like he does when you talk to him.

Bad string reference for the name of the Fields of the Dead on the world map.  I had originally thought this was simply a UB bug, since it spouted UB lines, but its still bugged in my FotD install.

in ar5200, you can challenge the gnoll ludgrug (though his name is still gnoll, and his cre is gnoll5).  However, he immediately says "good job you win".  I believe this is also causing him to try to initiate dialog immediately, which makes moving around very difficult, since your character just stops every second.

I know I put this in the last bug report, but it's still there.  In AR1005, THEREL (Therella) should be there, but she is replaced by FTOWUB_E, I did a search in DLTCEP, and she doesn't exist in any area.  Likewise, when you leave that house, you exit the area and are put outside some different house.

I can't remember if I noticed this in the last version, but there are quite a few areas in the game that have RDNTRE01 through 5, instead of RNDTRE01.  This results in the blank items.  I searched the areas for more instances of this mistake, and there are a few, but I didn't find any on creatures.  Of course, that doesn't explain all the blank items.

The plate mail of haste can be used infinitely, or, at least way more than 28 times.

ar2630's container 3 has a potion of clarity in it.

From what I can tell, all Greater Dopplegangers seem to follow the same script for Durlag's Tower, which should probably not be the case for the Greater Dopples in Candlekeep.  It doesn't make sense for me to kill Kiel there.

I got stuck on the coronation again.  It seems Belt won't talk to me without having certain dopples dead, and I couldn't cheat my way into fixing it, even after killing all of them.  I eventually had to simply edit his dialog.

Thanks. I have also found many of these myself, but I like to have bugs confirmed.

When I fought Sarevok, I just drank a potion of magic blocking an invulnerability, and he died in no time.  I think that these two items should not be allowed together, or at least the potion of magic blocking reduced to 4 rounds to simulate Protection from Magical Weapons.

I am going to remove all Potions of Magic Blocking from the game. It is simply too powerful and like you, people are going to save it for the fight with Sarevok.

Great game, and know that I made it through with around 200k exp soloing (with 10% experience fixer).

Did you reduce all XP values by 10%? I also soloed the game not too long ago and I completed the game with 1.2 million XP (having removed the cap, of course).

Abela didn't want to force talk to me, though she would walk to me.  I don't know what's going on.  Likewise, she doesn't teleport away, and stays at the bottom.  I can't remember if she is supposed to do that.

I had a look at her dialogue but I could not see what was wrong. FotD does not alter it.

Did you add SCWI262 (Choke) anywhere?  I'm not sure if you wanted it to be in the game or not.

I removed it from the mod since it contained a bug that could not be fixed. Creatures killed with it did not yield XP or something similar. Throbbing Bones was removed for the same reason.

I don't know if when you talk to Chanthalas Ulbright for the book of wisdom, and offer to pay 500 gold, you should actually lose that 500.  His speech is rather ambiguous, but I've never seen anyone not take money when it is offered to them, especially when it's a charity.

Obvious continuity bug where you can get 2 childs bodies from both Tenya and Jalantha.  I would suggest some new dialog where Tenya summons Jalantha, so Jalantha gives it to you.  I find it hard to believe that Tenya (a young priestess) would have the social power in the temple to give away the body of a thief.

Lothander is wearing some nice "b00t01"s.

Is it fair for a quick and nimble thief to be able to steal some of Abela's hair?  Not only once, but two times?

Not FotD bugs. I am probably going to fix them anyway.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 12:26:21 AM »
I've taken somewhat of a hiatus from BG, and gone back to some Starcraft.  I even saw a BG map on starcraft.

Anyways, I'll take a look at the new version with my ever present bug fixes once I get bored with SC again, and into my new house (yay!).

To answer your question: Yes, I did reduce XP to 10%, or by 90%.  That means I got somewhere around 2 million exp.  I think I forgot to add in the fact that I had the Ghrey Clan Episode 1 in there, which adds about 800000 if you choose the Neutral Evil path and kill everyone after you do their quests for the most exp.  It's seriously outrageous.  I was getting pummeled with a -16 AC or something like that.

I'm partially through BG2 now with that character, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get the 8 million with around 20 other mods on top of it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: