Author Topic: Guild Wars  (Read 5507 times)

Offline clock sendak

• delantero derecho
  • Planewalker
Guild Wars
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:01:57 AM »
This is prolly gonna sound pretty dumb.  But I can't figure out how to level up.  I mean, the automatic one seems to be working fine, but I've reached levl 7 and when I kill monsters I get a big fat goose egg worth of experience.  I have seven skill points to spend (that's what I mean, buy skill points, not level up) but every trainer just offers quests and other places I can train.  Where do I go and what do i do to spend these skill points?

cheers
Hey yo, I know this dude right.
Carl, he wore tight blue sweats, but wasn't glued too tight.  all he had upstairs was a crude light
you think that's weird, he lived next door to a food fight.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Re: Guild Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:41 PM »
You spend skill points on attributes. You can open the Skills and Attributes Panel using the K key. Near the top, you'll see a list of your attributes with up and down arrows. Click the up to raise that particular attribute, while click down to lower that particular attribute. There is no penalty for lowering attributes.

Make sure you are in an outpost or town, since you can only set up your skills and attributes in town.

Offline clock sendak

• delantero derecho
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:08:52 PM »
something doesn't seem right.  There's attributes and skills.  Attributes are things like strength, swordsmanship, blood magic, etc and are the points you spend when the green level meter fills up.  There seem to be two kinds of skills, the kind that look like little playing cards and are on the bottom of the screen, limited to eighht at a time, and then there's skill points when you press the H button (hero).  That shows level progress.  On the right hand side there's a number of skill points (currently 8) of which it says I have spent none.  How do I spend those to improve my character?
Carl, he wore tight blue sweats, but wasn't glued too tight.  all he had upstairs was a crude light

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 06:09:20 PM »
Ah, skill points you can find Skill Trainers to buy skills. Later in the game, you have a chance to get a skill called a Capture Signet, allowing you to get Elite Skills off various bosses. You spend your skill points on normal skills or Capture Signets at Skill Trainers. Check the GuildWiki for locations of some. As an example, there is a skill trainer in Ascalon City post-searing, but you probably have all the skills he can offer.

Offline clock sendak

• delantero derecho
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 03:08:40 AM »
thanks, i'll take a look for him.  Is it a while, then, til I get to another point with someone to train me?  I've only done a few quests post searing.

Offline Loké

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »
At risk of sounding rude... read the manuel. ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: