Author Topic: way to ulgoths beard?  (Read 1563 times)

Marcian

way to ulgoths beard?
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:30:59 AM »
Salve!
Sometimes this game is f++++++ me off...
i wanted to see what new features are in the TOTSC and tried to reach ulgoths beard... usually it should be possile to leave the map with the bridge to the north and go to ulgths beard or the map with the zombies (i still don´t know why they created this map..)
But there is o way to the north, i cant leave the map and I don´t find another way, its also not possible from the bandits camp (sorry i dont know how the name of this map is in english but i think you know what i mean..)

what kind of bug is this now? can someone help me?

greetings

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: way to ulgoths beard?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:59:25 AM »
Hello -

IIRC if you go to the northern edge of the zombie farm map, and then all the way to the eastern edge, you can zone into Ulgoth's Beard by exiting to the east.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:27:55 AM »
This was a bug in the original BG1 TotSC that Dudley tried to fix, but even his fix had issues apparently.  I don't know if Tutu handles it better.  It's something we've been talking about on the G3 BG1 Fixpack forum (as yet, we don't have a fix either).  In any case, I think it is possible to get there, just perhaps not very intuitive. :-\

Marcian

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »
how do you mean that?

by the way: if I came to the zombie map i would also come to ulgoths beard but it is NOT possible to get there...as i said it is not possible to get north of the bridge...

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »
Apparently the "New Areas.txt" file on the TotSC CD says you reach the Beard by exiting Wyrm's Crossing (the bridge) from the NE corner, right behind Tenya's house.

So try that on this map - go behind the house and try the NE corner (both the north and east edges to make sure).

You didn't by chance install Dudleyfix on BG1 then convert to BG1Tutu?  Because that would explain a lot of things.  If that is true, your only option might be to add the line:
Debug Mode=1
under [Game Options] in your baldur.ini file in your main game directory.
Then in the game press Ctrl-Tab to bring up the console. In the box, type:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("FW1000")
And hit enter.  That will bring you to Ulgoth's Beard if nothing else.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: