Author Topic: back to Desktop!!  (Read 1045 times)

dagmara

back to Desktop!!
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
  Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum and I don't know wether if the bug I'm experiencing has already been mentionned.
  If so, please forgive me.

So here's the glitch. Everytime I try to equip a double-handed sword in the inventory of my character, or any other NPC, the game crashes back to desktop.
   Is this a documented bug and if so is there a quick fix?

Thanks to all

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: back to Desktop!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »
To equip a two-handed sword, you need to open your inventory screen.

You weren't, by any chance, trying to play with the highest possible resolution, were you? That causes crashes to desktop on the inventory page.

Playing at 800x600 is recommended, but the next one up is usually all right. You get into trouble with the highest setting. Too bad there's no way to disable it.

Dagmara

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:20:12 PM »
  That's the point, I'm playing the game in a very high resolution.  Damn! I think I'll have to cope with it.
 But it's rather strange that this bug only occurs with double-handed swords (at least, I haven't experienced it with other kind of weapons)

And BTW, I have another question. I should say I'm a little lost with the TweakPacks.
 I installed the BG2FixPack from the Gibberling Three, thinking that you could use it for EasyTutu too.
 I've been told on their forum I can't. So what tweaksPack can I use?

Thanks to all

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »
I understand the confusion, really, I do!

Please do not confuse a Tweakpack with a Fixpack.

Tweakpacks allow you to bend the rules. Fixpacks help the rules be applied more consistently. Hope that makes sense. What makes it even more confusing is that BG2 Fix looks a lot like BG2 Tweak.

Fixpacks fix stuff that's broken, like alignment corrections, kit IDs that don't show up where they're supposed to, stuff that Baldurdash fixed, and a little more. There are some people that argue that they fix too much, but I don't want Mornmaster Arval glowing red when I cast detect evil, thanks. Anyway, that isn't the point. EasyTutu already incorporates all the game-breaking stuff, so don't apply the BG2 Fixpack available at G3, or any other fixpack, to your Tutu installation!

Tweakpacks let you do more, like have unlimited arrow stacks, or lose ghastly helmet animations. It also adds containers to Tutu, and a whole lot more.  You can use any tweak pack you like. I, personally, use 5, at different points in my installation.

Right after I install EasyTutu, I install Tutufix v 17. EasyTutu includes all of the core fixes, so they are skipped. I install some of the tweakish components.

After that I install BG1 NPC Kitpack. That lets me pick kits for the NPC cast of BG1. A tweak, really.

Toward the end, I install Ashes of Embers, a tweaks mod that allows me to allow warlike cleric to use martial weapons, and otherwise bases the ability to use weapons on stats rather than traditional rules. After that, I install BG2 Tweakpack from G3, and install things like exotic items, revealed city maps, and containers. In many ways, the Tweakpack replaces the Ease of Use mod. After that, I install the convenience tweaks from Sword Coast Strategems, also a G3 mod. I particularly like the ability to skip CK and to separate NPC pairs.

So, 5 tweak mods, all for the same installation. That's a lot of tweaks.

dagmara

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
  Thanks a lot Berelinde,

As a matter of fact, and as a testimony of my confused state of mind, I meant I installed BG2 TWEAK Pack instead of BG2 FixPack.
  ANyway I really thank you for your comprehensive answer. So, now I know that I can install this TweakPack on an EasyTutu install, contrary to what
  I had been told before. Brilliant!

Un grand merci de Paris

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: