Author Topic: Unfinished quests disappear from journal  (Read 1394 times)

Locky

Unfinished quests disappear from journal
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
When I arrived in Nashkel, the game changed from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2, and all of my unfinished quests that i was doing in chapter 1 have disappeared from my journal. Is this happening for anyone else?
The only things left in my 'Quests' section for chapter 1 are the journal entries that don't have a particular title.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: Unfinished quests disappear from journal
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »
When you start a new chapter, the jounal entries for the old chapter are still there, but you're going to have to hit the directional arrow near the top of the journal entry page.

Locky

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 01:39:50 AM »
What I mean was, the entries for Chapter 1 after I click those arrows to view them aren't there.
To be more specific the 'Jaheira and Khalid want to go to Nashkel' and 'Xzar and Montaron want to go to Nashkel' quests have both been removed from the Chapter 1 section of the journal once I get to Chapter 2. They are not in the 'Quests' or 'Done Quests' sections or anywhere else that I can find.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:19:12 AM »
Hello -

To be more specific the 'Jaheira and Khalid want to go to Nashkel' and 'Xzar and Montaron want to go to Nashkel' quests have both been removed from the Chapter 1 section of the journal once I get to Chapter 2. They are not in the 'Quests' or 'Done Quests' sections or anywhere else that I can find.

This is intentional.  You've been to Nashkel, so the entries disappear from your quest to-do list.  As for why no solved entry: that "quest" (i.e., "let's go to Nashkel") is fairly mundane and simple.  I didn't see a compelling reason to write a "solved" entry for it.  In general, though, you will usually receive a solved quest entry for most of the tasks you complete in game.

Can I safely assume from your post that you'd rather get a solved entry for everything that was once in your unsolved section?
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 11:32:08 AM »
Hello -

This is intentional.  You've been to Nashkel, so the entries disappear from your quest to-do list.  As for why no solved entry: that "quest" (i.e., "let's go to Nashkel") is fairly mundane and simple.  I didn't see a compelling reason to write a "solved" entry for it.  In general, though, you will usually receive a solved quest entry for most of the tasks you complete in game.

Can I safely assume from your post that you'd rather get a solved entry for everything that was once in your unsolved section?
It would be nice, but not needed.  I too was a little concerened when there was no "conlcusion" placed in my done section.  But I also, knew that adding things like that was probably more work than needed.  If someone really wants it, I say they should make an approved EasyTutuTweaks mod that includes such stuff.  There that's my two cents.   ???  Anyone got change for a nickel?   ;D
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: