Author Topic: Romance - stalled or finished?  (Read 3198 times)

JudeTheObscure

Romance - stalled or finished?
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »
First off - kudos for such an interesting and enjoyable addition to the game   :D

I am not sure if my romance with Kelsey is stalled, or if I've completed it. I am in Chapter 3 - a very, very long Chapter 3 as I have added the Darkest Day mod. For many hours of gaming (days if not weeks in game-time) there has been nothing new happening with Kelsey. He is still flirting with me - but he is randomly cycling through the same material, with nothing new showing up. The anomen conflict was great fun, but sadly it is over as I was forced to choose between them. I think I have finished the Ceara subplot – I’ve fought all the goons and she is dead. I chose not to do anything about the brother … in retrospect I think this might have been a mistake.

My questions are
* Have I reached the end of the romance or is it stalled ?
* If it has stalled how do I restart it?
* Is there any way of undoing my choice about the brother?

I have Shadow Keeper so I have easy access to the global variables. The currentvalues are –
J#CHECKKELSEYMATCH      1
J#KELSEYMATCH         1
J#KELSEYNONROMANCE      253959
J#KELSEYNOOOKIE      1
J#KELSEYROMANCE      1594686
J#KELSEYROMANCEACTIVE   2
J#MERRITGOONS         1

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Romance - stalled or finished?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
Check the local variables (attributes) on Kelsey and look for J#Lovetalk. If it's about 50, you're done. If not, it might be stuck.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

JudeTheObscure

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »
Many thanks for this answer. It's 51, so I guess my little lady has Kelsey well and truly tucked away in her back pocket.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »
Yep, you've seen all there is to see of the core SOA romance.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

JudeTheObscure

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
Just out of curiosity - is there more when I get to ToB?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
Yes, if you've installed the Kelsey-TOB portion. I'd argue that the TOB content is actually quite a bit stronger than the SOA content, so if you liked it enough to care if you were finished, you'll probably enjoy the continuation.

Offline Minarvia

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »
I'll say that I'm POSITIVE you'll love TOB!  I think it is the best of the romances in that the PID's are really good.  Be sure to talk with Kelsey late in TOB as well.  That was my favorite part.   :)

JudeTheObscure

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 12:35:52 AM »
YAY - more Kelsey romance. I have to admit I've thoroughly enjoyed the mix of humour and sweetness that I've seen so far. i also like the depth of characterisation - there's way more to this character than a bunch of one liners and a few pixels. Once again kudos to all involved  :)

Cornuthaum

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
*Sigh*

Again I gave in to the burning need to play Baldurs Gate II (this time, instead of a chaotic thief as a, whee, neutral good thief. I just can't play without sneaking and stabbing things dead :x), but this time with a female character since I wanted to play with Kelsey again (because he fits in a good-aligned party well, and I didn't want Korgan to dismember or Edwin to toast him in my neutrevil party :X)

The last LT I had with him was about the both of us visiting his brother sooner or later - which I remember from my first playthrough with the KelseyRomance as (one of) the last I had in SoA.

But, alas, J#Lovetalk is 41.

Not even close to 50.

And KelseyRomanceActive is, oh horror, pain and most unpleasantness, 2.

I /know/ that I managed, at 5 am (after setting up BG for three hours with all those wonderful mods :X) to accidentally hit the wrong key and managed to slap the Harsh Insult answer in his face instead of the one I wanted - Bad, I know, but I had hoped that I could iron out that, hmm, most unfortunate happening (couldn't reload, because I forgot to save x.x)

I got the first Hunter-Abductor team, showed them the error in their ways (Go, Minsc, go!) and was visited by Caera (who gave me no end of troubles because she ambushed me right next to the copper coronet... and fireballing civilians is so /not/ good :( ).... but wasn't there a third ambush between those two? I distinctly remember the Indelible Sequencer Scroll, and it dropped from neither ambush (unfortunately :( )

Sigh. Woe is me, for Kelsey hates my guts! :( (okay, so he doesn't hate me, but the romance part is definitely not as it should be :/ although he kicks butt so hard that Minsc should be envious.... maybe Kelsey needs a ferret or an ice-weasle too... hmm...)

Thus, is there anything I could/should do to fix things (if they need fixing, that is.)

With best regards, Cornuthaum.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: