Author Topic: NPC mod made off with my banters!  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Spin

• Planewalker
NPC mod made off with my banters!
« on: January 01, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
Hello,

I am playing BG2 and am currently in Spellhold. I am playing this time more with an eye to plot and fun than heroics and battles.

I installed Banterpack V6 at the beginning of chapter 3 or thereabouts.
I have Anomen, Jahiera, Keldorn, Edwin, and the Tsujatha mod. I am romancing Edwin, not Tsujatha.
However, the moment I kick out Tsujatha to get Imoen back, ALL banter ceases. Cntrl-I does not prompt anything but cryptic one-word responses in the text screen.

I have:
SoA
ToB
ToB patch
The G3 Crossmod V4 mod (now uninstalled, since I don't have the mod combinations included in that package)
Ease of Use V32
Tsujatha
Edwin romance (SoA and ToB)
Edwin flirts (the flirts  :-Zzz  are working)
Shadowkeeper
Banterpack V6

Overall, this turned out to be a pretty boring party combination, in terms of NPC interraction, so I'd like to return Minsc and Jan when I get back to the mainland (I'm not above using Shadowkeeper for this run through the game). Keldorn is like watching paint dry, super sword or no.  However, if booting an NPC causes the banter to fail, then trying to make the party more fun isn't going to work very well, is it :)

I tried to find answers at the Tsujatha forum, but that one seems inactive and the archive don't include this problem. I am wondering if there is some global variable that could be changed to get the banters back. I've reinstalled the banterpack but that didn't work, either.
If the problem is due to a Tsujatha bug I suppose I could kick out Edwin rather than Tsujatha, since Eddie seems to have spent himself, anyway  ::)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: NPC mod made off with my banters!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
I can't think of any way offhand that kicking out Tsujatha would cause banter to stop. Are you sure you haven't exhausted all of the eligible banters with those group?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Spin

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »
Yes, I'm sure it's Tsujatha. If I kick out anyone but him, the banters continue.

Might be my install - his scripts are also buggy. I messed around with his script customization in the Watcher's Keep during a previous run-through and even after resetting his scripts to 'default' or 'none' he no longer wanted to use ranged weapons and spells from a safe distance, but insisted on wading into the melee before casting or slinging. Had to reload the entire Watcher's Keep quest before I realized this.

Anyway, for this game, I ended up keeping Tsujatha, he's a decent mage, anyway.  Then I dumped Anomen and Jahiera for Minsc and Viconia before heading back to Spellhold. I now have 3 evil casters and 3 good fighters.  The feathers are flying :)

The Edwin romance had some redeeming qualities in the Underdark, so I take back the  :-Zzz comments about that  ::)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »
Sorry. This is the first time I can recall hearing of this kind of behavior where Tsujatha is concerned, so I don't really know how to advise you on fixing it.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: