Author Topic: Kelsey Scripts Missing?  (Read 3023 times)

Aphril

Kelsey Scripts Missing?
« on: April 08, 2004, 11:00:58 PM »
If it's relevent: I have 2.1 of Kelsey installed, SoA and ToB. Banter and flirt packs too!

Here's my problem; I am not seeing all of Kelsey's dialogues. I see some; for examples, the lovetalks, meeting Riabald, and Nalia and Yoshimo banters. But a lot of them, namely the Anomen/Kelsey romance conflict, I am not seeing. I went into Infinity Explorer to see if I could find the problem. I searched out some Kelsey dialogues and I got the first line of each one... but if I try to pursue the lines, it says that some scripts are missing. These "missing script" dialogues do not occur in the game at all. How do I fix this?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Kelsey Scripts Missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 11:10:03 PM »
If it's relevent: I have 2.1 of Kelsey installed, SoA and ToB. Banter and flirt packs too!

Here's my problem; I am not seeing all of Kelsey's dialogues. I see some; for examples, the lovetalks, meeting Riabald, and Nalia and Yoshimo banters. But a lot of them, namely the Anomen/Kelsey romance conflict, I am not seeing. I went into Infinity Explorer to see if I could find the problem. I searched out some Kelsey dialogues and I got the first line of each one... but if I try to pursue the lines, it says that some scripts are missing. These "missing script" dialogues do not occur in the game at all. How do I fix this?

Actually, you're just running into a flaw with the last public release of InfExp, which is that it cannot browse a DLG file that is not part of the original game (more specifically, one that is not listed in the chitin.key file.) I have a beta version I convinced InfExp's author to do like a year and a half ago which he never released to the general public which I should really just put up for general DL already which allows you to do this...

... but anyway, if you're not getting the Anomen romance conflict, the most likely problem (aside from the possibility that Anomen's out of romance already) is that the fickle IsValidForPartyDialogue trigger isn't seeing Anomen as being nearby and available for interruption (or vice-versa on Kelsey.)

While I know it takes the spontenaiety out of the dogfighting, if you have a save from before when you know a conflict-laden LT is coming up, just try to keep Kelsey and Anomen nearby when it looks about time...
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Aphril

Re: Kelsey Scripts Missing?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 03:12:04 PM »
Okay, then- thanks a ton!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: