Author Topic: Playing BG2 straight after BG1 with when Tutu installed?  (Read 5878 times)

diegamel

Playing BG2 straight after BG1 with when Tutu installed?
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:57:22 AM »
Hello

I would like to know, what is the easiest way to play BG2 straight after BG1 with the same character etc. (planning of playing the whole saga with the same main character) when I have used Tutu (not easytutu) to play BG1. \

Do I need to destroy Tutu with the remover after finishing BG1? And will my character be still there if I do this?

Thanks

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
Re: Playing BG2 straight after BG1 with when Tutu installed?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
Well, I guess the *easiest* would be to play BGT. BGT (it stands for Balder's Gate Trilogy) is a mod that allows you to play BG1-TotSC/BG2-SoA/BG2-SoA wToB expansion,,,,,all as one big long game. It's a rather complicated setup if you are new to installing and playing with mods, here's the readme..http://www.spellholdstudios.net/readme/BGTReadme.htm

However I find BGT to be a bit cumbersome, so I just import my BG1 char. into BG2. You have to have the *FinalSave* from BG1, and copy that savegame into the Save Folder of BG2. Then when you are at the character creation screen of BG2, you can choose the option to *import*. Navigate to the BG1 save and the BG2 character creation process will find your saved PC from BG1 and use it.

P.S. Sorry, I didn't actually answer your question,,,,here goes,,, BGTuTu doesn't go from bg1 to bg2 automatically. All BGTutu does is allow you to play BG1 with the improved Infinity Engine used by BG2.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:01:14 AM by ElfBane »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »
Copy your char first to a separate folder. Then uninstall Tutu, and copy your character to BG2 folder(if he isn't there). This should work.

diegameL

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »
Hello

Thanks for answers - I am playing BG2 now. However, I noticed one very annoying thing. My imported character clearly walks slower than any of my NPCs straight from the beginning of BG2. I've played BG2 before but never with a character that's from BG1 -- is there some kind of difference with the standard speed that could cause this, and any ideas for fixing it?

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
Here's a thread discussing this from the BioWare forums...http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=605440&forum=17
Hope it helps.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: