Author Topic: Solaufein's Soundset  (Read 7546 times)

Offline Grahmir

• Planewalker
Solaufein's Soundset
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »
I find Solaufein a bit boring with his only responding sound "I do what I must when I must, know this well". At first he seemed to be a really interesting but now he lacks a bit personality.

So what I suggesti s that you take that drow soundset file from IWD 2, which would sound great. Or make your own ones.

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Re: Solaufein's Soundset
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
I would agree that Solaufein needs more when it comes to his audip - so why not simply use more of his existing voicing from BGII? I'd belive that more of the existing voicing could be put to good use. The "I do what I must, when I must, know this well" line together with a couple of battle shouts are already used in Sola mod - so why not use some other lines too?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:51:28 AM by Thorass »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
He has fewer voiced lines than you may think.

It is a little strange that after nearly seven years, nobody has taken a day to make Solaufein a voiced mod. There have been any number of false starts, of course, and the very real prospect that no voice could match up to what people hear in their heads when playing and enjoying the mod.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Kenji

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:53 AM »
I kinda just ripped the drow one from IWD II, although IWD II dont have environmental nor set trap and few of the sound sets, but it has basic acknowledge and orders or death, hurt, and dying moan sounds

just look up the lists and match them to the baldur's gate one, may take some time to modify since they have different orders, but it worked out fine for me

that is you need IWD II first

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
I kinda just ripped the drow one from IWD II, although IWD II dont have environmental nor set trap and few of the sound sets, but it has basic acknowledge and orders or death, hurt, and dying moan sounds

just look up the lists and match them to the baldur's gate one, may take some time to modify since they have different orders, but it worked out fine for me

Would you be willing to upload that drow soundset to http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_soundsets.php ??
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline hawkiem

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »

How can I rip the drow soundset from IWD2 and then add it to Solaufein? I don't have any idea how to do it... Can anybody give me some advice?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: