Author Topic: Proposal: NWN2 as BG3  (Read 14554 times)

Offline notasophist

• Planewalker
Proposal: NWN2 as BG3
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:27:27 PM »
Like many of you, I was very disappointed with Throne of Bhaal. Having gotten my hand on NWN2, I've noticed how much it plays and resembles a IE game. So, I figured. Why bother trying to "repair" TOB when you can "rebuild" it with an actual toolset?

With NWN2 toolset, it will be much easier to create a full-scale campaign:

-The compatibility of the toolset allows multiple modders to work at different parts of the game. For an example, one modder can be responsible for Saradush, the other Watcrher's Keep.

-Building areas/Scripting is much easier compared with IE modding.

-Unlike NWN, there is actually a party -- albeit 4 person maximum.

I'm still plaing with the toolset right now, but I'd like to (hopefully) form such a project.

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
Re: Proposal: NWN2 as BG3
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
Post above, by "zhangyu 45" seems to be automatically generated spam.

ToB is only an expansion, that is all. It is also very linear.
A NWN2 version of ToB is an interesting idea.
Baldurs Gate 2 was translated to the Icewind Dale 2 game by a mod called Icewind Gate 2. It uses a program, iwg2.exe, to automatically convert BG2 files to a format that IWD2 can play. It is covered in the Weimer Republic area of this forum.
Presumably there would be stacks of translation problems going from an Infinity Engine game to an Aurora Engine game.
You can convert any existing content using a program of your own creation. Then you would have to do your own content starting from scratch like any other mod. But it seems a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:38:27 PM by Ishad Nha »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: