Author Topic: It crashes  (Read 3856 times)

Nissun

It crashes
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »
I think I've done the installation in the correct order. But I have this problem:

I finish the underdark, go outside and join solaufein. Everything normal. We travel back to athkatla, meet drizzt, and that's normal too.
But, except fot those dialogs, I haven't been able to speak more with solaufein. The game crashes every time a dialog is going to start (I first talk to him using the talk option, but then it crashes.) The game crashes, it closes in a second and I'm on windows as if nothing happened.

Somebody had this problem? Any idea of what can cause it? Is it the fact that my game is not original (just SoA), or the other mods, or the baldurdash thing...?  Please, I would love to play this mod, and I feel frustrated because I've just played the beggining.

And another question: if I uninstall the game, I will lose all my saved games? I can't remember that from the last time I uninstalled it...

Offline Jes

• Planewalker
Re: It crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:17:42 AM »
I finish the underdark, go outside and join solaufein. Everything normal. We travel back to athkatla, meet drizzt, and that's normal too.
But, except fot those dialogs, I haven't been able to speak more with solaufein. The game crashes every time a dialog is going to start (I first talk to him using the talk option, but then it crashes.) The game crashes, it closes in a second and I'm on windows as if nothing happened.

You have my same problem :( ...And I'm still asking myself why.

Is it the fact that my game is not original (just SoA), or the other mods, or the baldurdash thing...?  Please, I would love to play this mod, and I feel frustrated because I've just played the beggining.
I do also have only SoA [not original].

And another question: if I uninstall the game, I will lose all my saved games? I can't remember that from the last time I uninstalled it...
If all the program folder is deleted, also do the savegames. Anyway, I usually cut and paste away the savegames before uninstalling BG 2, to be sure.
Greatsword +1, 2350 gp, with Mastercard. Charisma Cloak +2, 4000 gp, with Mastarcard.
Surprising a role play maniac DM with a low level powerplay combo, has no price.
There are things which can't be buy. For the rest, try Mastercard.

Offline sparrow

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »
I got exactly the same problem and start to go mad about it!!!
I don't have a solution for you guys, but i desparately hope someone answers..

OK, some observations I made over the 10.000 re installations I made so far..

..I do have original SoA DVDs (so don't worry, it's not about your burned CDs)

..I summoned Sola via Clua Console at the beginning and it freezes - strangely there are some exceptions: when I summon him at the very start with Imoen & Minsc in the group, it DOES NOT freeze when he talks - but as soon as Jaheira joins the group (so person no. 5), it throws me back to Windows

..apparently it does not matter if its a full or recommended installation (freeze is the same)

..re-installing / re-downloading did not solve the issue..

I got SoA and Mod on German, but I don't think that's the issue either..

I want Sola  :'(   !!!

Offline sparrow

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
Yeah, I finally go it working!!

In case someone else with a similar problem comes up:
 it didn't work on my computer until I had Throne of Bhaal installed! With both Full-installations, it's OK now.

In my case that was rather tricky, as I had  ToB on my PC and de-installed it before - but strangely, my PC left an invisible registry entry, which kept me from re-installing the whole thing (it announced ToB was still installed).. Maybe that's a XP bug? I never had it on my old Win98 and 2000 ..

Aaaanyway, the mod is awesome, Thanks!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Jes

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:55:26 AM »
In case someone else with a similar problem comes up:
 it didn't work on my computer until I had Throne of Bhaal installed! With both Full-installations, it's OK now.
-_- I only have Shadows of Amn...And I can't find Throne of Bhaal anywhere...
Greatsword +1, 2350 gp, with Mastercard. Charisma Cloak +2, 4000 gp, with Mastarcard.
Surprising a role play maniac DM with a low level powerplay combo, has no price.

Offline sparrow

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »
www.ebay.com
www.amazon.com (/.de/.es/.co.uk......)

;D  ;D  ;D

C'mon, it's worth the little money!!!

Offline Jes

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
At last, I managed to install Throne of Bhaal...I can't wait to arrive to Uts Natha and take Solaufein again, and than...finish that damned mod...

Offline Jes

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 12:08:41 PM »
Feeeeewwwhhhhhh

It worked!!! Thank you so much!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: