Author Topic: Dialog mismatch  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Dialog mismatch
« on: October 29, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »
After some tedious regression testing, I verified this is a bug present in core EasyTutu without any mods/fixes present. I reproduced it with 3 different installations (EasyTutu alone, EasyTutu + PPG fixes, EasyTutu + fixes + BG1 NPC).

When Gorion scores either a critical hit or critical miss in his battle, he will 'say' "I cannot tarry about for idle conversation. As a knight there are many tasks that must be looked after!" Which is actually one of Ajantis's lines. I verified in DLTCEP this string is assigned to soundset slot 31 SELECT_COMMON6 for GORION.CRE.

See third line of text on screenshot right after Gorion's battle:
(http://sony.dynalias.com/portrait/gorion01.jpg)

More background information on this at G3. It seems like a pretty minor thing in itself, but I can't help but wonder whether this sort of thing is more widespread, perhaps leading to dialog corruption in other places?  Cmorgan pointed out there was a similar problem with the caravan bandits.

Regards,
-Miloch

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Dialog mismatch
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »
Hello -

When Gorion scores either a critical hit or critical miss in his battle, he will 'say' "I cannot tarry about for idle conversation. As a knight there are many tasks that must be looked after!" Which is actually one of Ajantis's lines. I verified in DLTCEP this string is assigned to soundset slot 31 SELECT_COMMON6 for GORION.CRE.

Now that you've pointed it out, I see that he has that resource assigned to a few different slots.  Noted, thanks.

More background information on this at G3. It seems like a pretty minor thing in itself,

It is. :)

but I can't help but wonder whether this sort of thing is more widespread, perhaps leading to dialog corruption in other places?

No.  There have been odd sound slot mistakes in a handful of places, remnants from the original conversion.  I fix them as people discover them.

Cmorgan pointed out there was a similar problem with the caravan bandits.

If you are referring to the "fistula" encounter, that is and always has been a problem with BG1NPC.  My understanding was that cmorgan fixed it in v12, though.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: