Author Topic: Mulahey CTD  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
Mulahey CTD
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »
For some odd reason EasyTuTu is giving me a CTD when trying to enter Mulahey's lair. It says that AR<number> is not found (sorry 'bout forgetting the area number but I'm at work ATM). The only other mods I have installed are on the EasyTuTu 'compatible' list, plus my own NPC AI scripts. If I try to CLUAConsole to the area, I get a black screen, suggesting that the area files are indeed missing.

Any suggestions? Any further info required?

-Y-

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: Mulahey CTD
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »
WeiDU log I'm afraid --

a check for ARXXXXX instead of FWXXXX means something is not so hot. If it is indeed missing, then something corrupted the files. Did you run the Degreenifyer completely (it has a second install section)?

Hey, when you get done, can you drop me a PM so I can put your scripts on the Tutu install order list over at G3? As far as I can tell, they work fine ( I have installed them before but I tend to micro-manage so don't always actually use them in the difficult situations :) ) , so I have them there provisionally, but it would be great to get your info on compatibility/effectiveness!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »
Hello -

For some odd reason EasyTuTu is giving me a CTD when trying to enter Mulahey's lair. It says that AR<number> is not found (sorry 'bout forgetting the area number but I'm at work ATM). The only other mods I have installed are on the EasyTuTu 'compatible' list, plus my own NPC AI scripts. If I try to CLUAConsole to the area, I get a black screen, suggesting that the area files are indeed missing.

Any suggestions? Any further info required?

That is indeed a bit of a troublesome message.  All EasyTutu areas are prefixed with "FW" instead of "AR," so if the game is looking for ARxxxx, something has munged up the installation a bit.

If the crash is happening immediately upon zoning into the cave, it may be the area script.  If you like, email me the _AR5405.BCS from your EasyTutu override and I'll take a look (PM me if interested and I'll give you the address).  Otherwise, I recommend pasting the contents of the weidu.log file from your EasyTutu folder (C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu by default) into your next post so we can peer at what exactly is installed.

The area file itself is FW5405.ARE, and should also be found in your EasyTutu override.  FW5404.ARE, the connecting area, may have a problem too (if the exit is configured to the wrong ARE).  I'd focus my efforts on those three files (and again, I'm happy to take a peek for you).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:09:14 PM by Macready »
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:05 PM »
Hopefully I'll find time this weekend to look further into this. I'll point NearInfinity at the area files and see what it has to say about linkages.

cmorgan: you're more than welcome to add my AI scripts to the compatibility list. Daft question: which set were/are you using?

-Y-

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »
 :) I will find out! Which ones are deemed compatible by you?

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:49:23 AM »
I'm fairly sure I'm using the SoA scripts on this runthrough. I have noticed a few oddities - like the clerics not always recognising injured party members - and of course, they are missing the BG-only spells. If you can tell  me what those BG spells are, I'll take a look at adding them in.

-Y-

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:02:33 AM »
Found the CTD problem: Sword Coast Strategems is not compatible with BGTuTu. Specifically, the option to have tougher boss fights at the end of the chapters. Some other parts of it may be compatible but that's the one that trashed my game.

-Y-

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:24:54 AM »
I believe you might be mistaken about tougher boss fights causing your CTD. I've been playing with that component on my Easy Tutu installation since about an hour after SCS was publicly announced, and have never had a CTD that was not related to Beregost.

SCS was written for Tutu, by the way, so I think compatibility was probably a key consideration during its development.

I've got a regular kitchen sink installation (every Tutu mod in existence *except* Grey Clan and Secret of Bone Hill), and SCS has proven to be exceptionally durable.

You are a modder, though, and unless I am mistaken, you've got some of your own AI scripts. If you are running with your own scripts installed, is it possible that there is a conflict there?

If you *are* running with those scripts, that would make sense. SCS is the only AI enhancing mod I use.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »
Certainly I haven't heard this report from others, and given it breaks the game in a core place I imagine I would have... what version of SCS are you using?

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 02:55:37 PM »
Give me the weekend to see if I need to retract that statement.  :D As it is, uninstalling SCS appeared to solve the problem, so I'll keep my current Weidu log, reinstall BGTuTu to the same build and see if the same problem happens again. It can't possibly be my AI scripts because they apply to the party and summoned monsters only.

-Y-

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 05:10:28 AM »
Well, I retract the statement - sort of ;).

I rebuilt my BGTuTu installation checking each mod as I added it and it did crash again when SCS was installed. Aaargh. Then DavidW's suggestion filtered home and off I went to collect the latest version of SCS; no prizes for guessing it fixed the problem. My fault - should have checked for updates. Then again, I did build this BGTuTu installation quite some time ago, started it, CTD'd and have been playing IWD2 for about a month now.

Still, many thanks for all the replies because they did get me pointed in the right direction.

-Y-

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: