Author Topic: Sort of related to the Beregost problem  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
Sort of related to the Beregost problem
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
Good morning,

I've had no problems till now.  Whenever I go to High Hedge, the game freezes, then I get a message that the game has an error and will close ... and close it does.  It's intermittant, I've actually visited Thalantyr, picked up Kivan and done part of the map.  Then it freezes again and I'm back to desktop.

Intall (PC)
BG1, TotSC, patch
SoA,ToB, patch
EasyTutu for ToB (whatever the latest version was around last week)

Only mod installed is BG1 NPC Project from G3.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Sort of related to the Beregost problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »
Hello -

At this point, are you able to load the map at all?  Or is it now freezing up before you can even load the map?
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »
It loads the map fine.  With frequent quicksaves, I even finished the map.  As I said, it's intermittant - the last time it didn't freeze at all.  It's just ... bizarre.

Now that I think about it, it did the same thing once in the Nashkel mines.  After a reload, no problems.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 05:18:28 AM »
Hello -

It loads the map fine.  With frequent quicksaves, I even finished the map.  As I said, it's intermittant - the last time it didn't freeze at all.  It's just ... bizarre.

Now that I think about it, it did the same thing once in the Nashkel mines.  After a reload, no problems.

That sounds more like a game engine issue.  A problem with the Tutu game resources themselves would tend to be more consistent (e.g., the map would refuse to load every time, a la Beregost).
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 02:38:25 PM »
Okay, since it's not really annoyingly interfering with the game, I'll just muddle on.  Thanks, Macready.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: