Author Topic: Harper Quest - Jaheira turns hostile. Is this normal??  (Read 5058 times)

aerokid

Harper Quest - Jaheira turns hostile. Is this normal??
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »
Can't I betray the Harper with Jaheira in?

Meronia gave me the bird (I promised to betray Xzar) and I gave it to Xzar telling him it's an assasin.
Jaheira turns hostile and attacks us.  

It really sucks for me... -_-;;;

(I have a screenshot, but dunno how to patch.)

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
Re: Harper Quest - Jaheira turns hostile. Is this normal??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:54:21 PM »
I'd be surprised if it wasn't normal.  You promise one thing, then do another.  Even I'd turn hostile on you if you did that.  If you promised to betray Xzar, then betray him.  Otherwise don't promise.  Jaheira is a Harper, you know.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

aerokid

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:36:56 AM »
I'd be surprised if it wasn't normal.  You promise one thing, then do another.  Even I'd turn hostile on you if you did that.  If you promised to betray Xzar, then betray him.  Otherwise don't promise.  Jaheira is a Harper, you know.

Oh I see, it was so simple.  if you'd betray the Harpers, you cant't get Jaheira.   Thanks for the info.

In fact. I expected more complecated addition. It's my first try on QP, and I couldn't do "double-cross" at all.

When I brougt Edwin to the Cowled mage, he didn't give me a chance to explain.
I tried siding Maevar and reported Renal and refused to kill Maevar as someone posted here, but I found Maevar guild people hostile.  

So I was worried that some bugs effected on those tricking.

After all, I have to play all betraying sequense just as  I played  before, if I'd like to juggle party members.
At least Jaheira thng is not a bug, then I'm relieved.  

Thanks again.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:51 AM »
Were you expecting Jaheira to just stand by while you betrayed a fellow harper to certain death at the hands of a Zhent madman?  ??? Seriously, the QP would be a joke to me if Jaheira didn't respond in such a way.

As for Edwin and Rayic, you successfully "doublecrossed" Edwin by making him believe you'd killed Rayic while actually cooperating with the Cowled Wizard to bring about Edwin's demise.

Re: Mae'Var, you need to select a new dialog path to side with him instead of Renal. IIRC when you return to him with Embarl's dagger (the last of his quests) there's a new dialogue option that can start this sequence, something to the effect of "There's just one more thing..." (I don't remember exactly)

aerokid

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:56 AM »
Re: Mae'Var, you need to select a new dialog path to side with him instead of Renal. IIRC when you return to him with Embarl's dagger (the last of his quests) there's a new dialogue option that can start this sequence, something to the effect of "There's just one more thing..." (I don't remember exactly)

Yes I did. I even planted the forged letter on the desk of  Renal's  floor. But I could tell Mae'Var only 1 "I  prefer to finish Renal job"  or 2 "I didn't yet ".
So I edited global and it gave me new option. but other things were the same.   ???  

Oh other strage things:

1. the Lost girl's mom - I couldn't find. All commoner wemen  in the D D tells me about thieves or Renal or Mae'Var

2. Gorf did not spwan - so I reinstalled UB but it didn't work.  After all I had to cheat.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »
Hmm. What other mods do you have installed?

aerokid

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 11:29:39 AM »
Hmm. What other mods do you have installed?

Kelsy, Solaufein, UB, Banter Pack. and Ease of Use (only for stacking and graphic conveniences)

I had  Gorf spawn and finished that quest.

Another thing I found is that QP installation is troublesome.

I skiped AI, Creature enhance ment ...etc. I only wated Quest addtion. But it installs at its will  :-[

Thieves Quest component (I always wanted it installed) sometimes remove itself.  : I unl/reinstalled QP several times for fear of bugs.   

aerokid

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:34:19 AM »
 :-X :-X :-X 
So many typo errors.
Sorry.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »

I skiped AI, Creature enhance ment ...etc. I only wated Quest addtion. But it installs at its will  :-[

Thieves Quest component (I always wanted it installed) sometimes remove itself.  : I unl/reinstalled QP several times for fear of bugs. 

There is a known bug in the current QuestPack .tp2 file that can cause all sorts of problems, including the auto-installing and auto-removal you mention - go here for details. Basically you need to edit the line DESIGNATED 2 to read // DESIGNATED 2 in the .tp2.

I really wish SimDing0 would upload a version that fixes this, by the looks of it many QP users are unaware of this potentially serious bug.

You might want to use the BG2 Tweak Pack instead of Ease of Use - it has the same components as well as many others, and much better support.

aerokid

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 11:57:38 PM »

There is a known bug in the current QuestPack .tp2 file that can cause all sorts of problems, including the auto-installing and auto-removal you mention - go here for details. Basically you need to edit the line DESIGNATED 2 to read // DESIGNATED 2 in the .tp2.

Thank U!!!!!!!

I just did it. now have to reinstall?

You were really helpful. Now no serious bug for me, I hope

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 01:55:16 AM »
I just did it. now have to reinstall?

Yes. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that reinstalling by itself will fix things, to be on the safe side you'd have to revert to a clean installation of BG 2 and then install the mods again.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: