Author Topic: Jaheira endings?  (Read 7594 times)

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
Jaheira endings?
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »
Hello all!
So I finally finished my first BG2 game!! I romanced Jaheira, and chose to renounce godhood in favor of life with her. It was satisfying to have such a long epilogue written describing the lives they will have together.
My problem is it took a long, long time to finish the game. I don't know when I'll be able to play it all the way through again, not for some time, certainly. It took a lot of effort (and lost sleep!) for me to find the time.
Therefore, I'm asking a favor...
I would like to know what the various Jaheira endings are. Could someone please be very very nice, and list what they are with/without the flirt packs? Here's what I'm thinking below. Are there all of these endings, or are there less? Please help! Can you describe what happens in each scenario? I am toying with the idea of looking into the dialogue files, but the problem is I am not sure what is the original Bioware ending vs. the Flirt pack endings...

BG2:
-Good
--stay with J
--Ascend
-Evil
--stay with J
--Ascend

BG2 W/flirt pack:
-Good
--stay with J
the two of you travel the world, do good deeds, become legends and have a child who eventually also is a legend.
--Ascend
You become a good god, Jaheira travels the world 3 times over, does good deeds but is shut down emotionally from your loss.
-Evil
--stay with J
--Ascend

I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: Jaheira endings?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »
I can't tell you what happens with the flirt pack installed, but here is a link to the regular ToB endings and the Ascension endings.

There are a lot of other useful guides on both this page and page 1.

Have fun.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips2.php

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:26:39 PM »
Ah! Very nice, that fills it in quite a bit. I guess the longer description of the romance ending in flirt pack is all they changed then. I looked at the flirt pack but couldn't find any text about the endings?

Here's my updated table in case anyone has anything to add:
BG2:
-Good
--stay with J
the two of you travel the world, do good deeds, become legends. No mention of children, and you are sometimes apart.
--Ascend
You become a good god, Jaheira travels the world 3 times over, does good deeds but is shut down emotionally from your loss.
-Evil
--stay with J
n/a - J is good and you never would finish the romance?
--Ascend
n/a

BG2 W/flirt pack:
-Good
--stay with J
the two of you travel the world, do good deeds, become legends and have a child who eventually also is a legend.(?)
--Ascend
You become a good god, Jaheira travels the world 3 times over, does good deeds but is shut down emotionally from your loss. (same as above)
-Evil
--stay with J
n/a
--Ascend
n/a
I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:14:34 AM »
Look in the Flirt Pack npcflirt folder in your game install directory. Find the subfolder with your preferred language. The .tra files can be opened and read using a text editor (Notepad or Wordpad works fine). Setup.tra is the one with the epilogues.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:39 AM »
Jaheira gets three new epilogues in the flirt pack, all of which involve the PC remaining mortal.

Roughly speaking, they are the

- "Good epilogue", which is my rewrite of the theme of the default epilogue,
- "Evil epilogue", in which the PC is mortal but not a very good person, which leads to problems between the two of them,
- "Hermit epilogue", in which the PC and Jaheira leave mainstream society.

We add a new conversation to TOB which helps select which epilogue you get.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Mordokai

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:30:01 AM »
I liked the new ending very much, find it much better then the old one in vanilla game :) I ended the game just yesterday, and it took me some time, with Ascension installed. Boy, that was some hard battle :P I think my PC and Jaheira earned that happines ten times :)

So, I just wanted to say, congratulations on a very good mod. It's been one of my favourite, ever since I found it out. And kudos to you, jcompton, for writing that marveolus ending.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: