Author Topic: Weird bug  (Read 2795 times)

Aesshen

Weird bug
« on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:04 AM »
I've got no idea whether this is a Kelsey bug or due to one of the other mods I have installed, but please bear with me. The mods I currently have are:

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // All Creature & Area Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey)?
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey) (set 2 of 3)?
~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Virtue

There doesn't seem to be a nonspecific support forum, so I'm asking here. My issue is that when I try to talk to a number of NPC's, they tell me that they're busy even though they aren't. This includes the captain of the guard in Nalia's quest, Mira, Tolgerias, Hendak... the last straw was when I was rearranging my party and I tried to ask Aerie back in and she told me she was busy. Bleh. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really prefer *not* to have to reinstall the entire game.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
Re: Weird bug
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »
Did you install the BioWare official patch?  And if not, you need to, but before all mods.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Aesshen

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
Indeed. Oh, do I feel dumb now... but thanks for the help anyway.  :)

Limniad

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 02:52:20 PM »
I have exactly the same problem actually, and I have installed the patch before my mods. It seems to be completely random on who is 'busy', and if I reload enough times it tends to reset itself and work again, but it's extremely frustrating. Sometimes even Kelsey himself is 'busy' when I attempt to flirt with him.

Anyone got any ideas?  :-\

Limniad

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »
Ack, and I figured I should mention this because I forgot to previously. Kelsey isn't even in my party when the whole 'busy' glitch starts up. In fact my earliest encounter with it is with the dryad/nymphs that Irenicus has in his dungeon.

The only other mods I have installed are Sola and the npcflirts, so I don't think either of those would be tampering with things.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
"Busy" really is a case of an improperly patched game, it was a flaw in the engine under NT/2000/XP and has to be corrected with the Bioware patch. I know of no other cause for it.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Limniad

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:54:28 PM »
Alrighty. I guess I'll check the patch again, sounds like something has probably gone screwy with it.

Thanks for your reply.  :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:24:36 PM »
Maybe you did something like this:

SOA
SOA Patch
TOB

which doesn't work. You should do

SOA
TOB
TOB Patch
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Limniad

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 07:08:50 AM »
Ah. I found what I did wrong, it was just an incredibly stupid mistake on my part. :D Isn't it always?

Anyway, thanks for all of your help, and great mod! From what I've seen of it so far I'm going to enjoy it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: