Author Topic: Just some questions about Easy Tutu installation....  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Aragornchewi

• Belgian Child of Baal
  • Planewalker
Just some questions about Easy Tutu installation....
« on: September 26, 2006, 03:39:54 AM »
Hello!

I'm thinking about installing Easy Tutu so I can enjoy again BGI :-)

What I already know is (correct me if I'm wrong):

- BGI full (+ add-on if available) must be installed + latest patch + Baldurdash BGI
- BGII full (+ add-on if available) must be installed + latest patch + Baldurdash BGII

My questions are the following:

- Can I install other mods on my BGII install BEFORE installing Tutu  ???
- If yes, will some of them be available in Tutu (for exemple, some new kits)  ???
- When playing a Tutu game, Can I import via Shadow Keeper some items (like the Bag of Holding)  ???
- Is there something else I'm missing (general question)  ???

Sorry if most of those questions were already asked before but I don't want to spend all the day trying to get it right.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:40:17 AM by Aragornchewi »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: Just some questions about Easy Tutu installation....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »
What I already know is (correct me if I'm wrong):

- BGI full (+ add-on if available) must be installed + latest patch + Baldurdash BGI
- BGII full (+ add-on if available) must be installed + latest patch + Baldurdash BGII
Close: that is fine, but Baldurdashing before or after EasyTutu is competely immaterial to the EasyTutu installation process! The only reason to Baldurdash these is if you plan on playing them later as their own separate games (after you use EasyTutu, you will have 3 installs, all sepoarate, BG1, BG2, EasyTutu).
You will need to read the whole FAQ Macready pt together, but even if he says "yes, go for it", it is probably best the first time to NOT mod BG2 before using EasyTutu. Macready has built a pretty bomb-proof installation, and debugged it. I don't see how anything other than .exe editing would have any effect on your game, but why take any chances? :) Of course, the moment you have your clean EasyTutu install, do a backup of it, and you never have to worrk about it again. You can then mod BG1, BG2, and EasyTutu (heck do multiple installs of each one, if you want, the only limitation being disc space and your willingness/fanatacism about different mods) to your heart's content!
- If yes, will some of them be available in Tutu (for exemple, some new kits)  ???
Macready points all this out in the online FAQ: check it out before installing. He has packaged up a Degreenifyer, a NPC Kits addon, and a Spwan addon. Then, of course, you can use the BG2 Tweaks from G3, and/or Sim's or the bigg's BG2 materials cleared by them for use opn Tutu, and any one of tons of mods.
- When playing a Tutu game, Can I import via Shadow Keeper some items (like the Bag of Holding)  ???
I have doe so many times. The caveat is that some things never did SK in right; Bags of Holding/other containers are better off being added to the game by BG2 Tweaks and then purchased ingame. SK itself works fine, as long as you point it to your BaldursGateTutu subdirectory... and be careful to SK in Tutu items (the ones with "_" on the front) so that you don't end up with things that won't stack with eachother.
Note: the names I am using are pulled out of my... hat, for fun only. They do not represent anything other than my rather silly sense of humor, and if you use them in public forums as true labels, real moddarz will probably laugh and scratch their heads, sying "what was that name?"

To any of these "Installs", the huge number of Portrait packs and One Pixel Productions Tutu graphic elements are nice. I personally think Plasmocat can do no wrong, so I tend towards her Portrait packs, but NiGHTMARE and several other master modders and artists have come up with a ton of really good art. This area, you are on your own.

On the Tutu front, an "Old School" install (strict BG1 style gameplay using the new engine, not much in the way of mods) would be as follows:
1. EasyTutu
2. EasyTutu Degreenifyer
3. EasyTutu Spawn (90%)
4. TutuFix (ONLY the Walking Speeds component, if you don't mind some small bugs but want BG1 slower walk).
FINAL: Original BG1 Tutu GUI

that would be as close to bug-free a romp through the original BG1/TOSC under the BG2 engine you could get.

A "Canon" install, or BG1 Gameplay with some serious enhancements but without tons of added rules modifications or NPCs, would look something like this:
1. EasyTutu
2. EasyTutu Degreenifyer
3. EasyTutu Spawn (90%)
4. EasyTutu NPC Kits
5. BG1 NPC Music
6. BG1 NPC v12 Beta2
7. Song and Silence
8. Sirine's Call
9. The Grey Clan, episode 1
10. Tutufix v17 (Walking Speeds component only, if you don't mind some small bugs but want BG1 slower walk)
11. BG2 Tweaks (select some components, but very few... and only if you know what they do. Extra reading required)
12. Sword Coast Stratagems (the whole package; a serious upgrade to in-game AI, which will challenge experienced players)

Or the "berelinde and cmorgan Kitchen Sink Install", in which everything BUT the kitchen sink finds is way into your game (this one should be attempted only by people who actually *read* ReadMe files, and do not mind playing about with install order, and also tend to like to discover new inad interesting bugs ;):   THIS ONE IS NOT COMPLETELY IN ORDER. Some tweaking of install order may be necessary -- it worked on my last test install, but I only installed, not took a prty through to the end!

1. EasyTutu
2. EasyTutu Degreenifyer
3. EasyTutu Spawn (90%)
4. EasyTutu NPC Kits
5. Ashes of Embers (careful... not very many Kits, or you will run out of kits... check carefully with Divine Remix and choose)
6. Sword and Fist
7. Divine Remix
8. Ding0 Experience fixer
9. Ding0Tweak (Enhanced Goodberries, Sensible Lore Table, Improved Backstabbing, Summons set off Traps )
10. BG1 NPC Music
11. BG1 NPC v12 Beta2
12. Song and Silence
13. Sirine's Call
14. The Grey Clan, episode 1
15. The Secret of Bone Hill
16. Herbs and Potions Add-In for Tutu
17. Mur'Neth NPC
18. Finch NPC
19. Indira NPC
20. Jonathan NPC
21. Mulgore and Xavia NPCs
22. Cirerrek's eSeries and gMinion AI scripts  (may require some extra reading and work to use on Tutu)
23. Tutufix v17 (Walking Speeds component only, if you don't mind some small bugs but want BG1 slower walk)
24. BG2 Tweaks (select some components -- extra reading required)
25. The Bigg's Tweaks (Petrification Fix)
26. Sword Coast Stratagems (the whole package; a serious upgrade to in-game AI, which will challenge experienced players)

(ok, so I wrote a termpaper here on "the current state of the Tutu Union", but I had time to kill before the kids showed up for jazz band practice :) ).

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 06:36:39 PM »
Hello -

cmorgan pretty much addressed all of your questions, but I'll chime in anyway.

Baldurdash is OK to install, but not necessary for EasyTutu, which includes it already.

In practice, you'll most likely get away with it.  I recommend a clean BG2 install, though.

No.  But chances are that kit mods will install fine on EasyTutu.

Yes, so long as SK has been pointed to your EasyTutu installation.

Try the FAQ.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Aragornchewi

• Belgian Child of Baal
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:29:31 PM »
Thanks a lot, guys.... I feel less dumb :P

I'll prepare my Tutu game by following your advices.  :)

Sarevok, you can start your prayers right now....   ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: