Author Topic: Should I use Baldurdash fixes?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Briton

• Planewalker
Should I use Baldurdash fixes?
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »
Hi all...new poster here.

I am about to start a new game of BG, first one in years. I thought I'd give Tutu a whirl.  I know I have to do a full install of BG and BG2, and both expansions TOTSC and TOB, and then apply the official patches. Do I then need to apply the Baldurdash fixes or is Tutu fix sufficient?

Cheers.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: Should I use Baldurdash fixes?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »
If you use EasyTutu, you do not need to use the Baldurdash fixes -- and it has lots of additional fixes included! You do not even need Tutufix if you are using it... although you may want to if there is a particular "tweak-like" component (walking speeds, etc.).

If you use regular Tutu v4, Baldurdash after all of the patches and before the conversion.

Then, with either version, check out all the mods you might want to use (at the very minimum, the EasyTutu Degeenifier and the Tutu GUI - at a maximum, do a search for posts here and at G3 - there is a large amount of new content, new NPCs, and all sorts of fun stuff to play with :) ).

Offline Briton

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:24:19 AM »
Thanks for that. I think I'll go with EasyTutu.

I do intend to spend a bit of time sussing out available mods...thanks again for the advice.

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »
Choose my Jonathan NPC!  You won't regret it!
He's a Nice Guy(tm)!
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:18:40 AM »
Regarding the EasyTutu/Tutu v 4 decision, I'd like to state something that might seem obvious to some, but was really confusing to me.

EasyTutu is not an easier, quicker, less functional version of Tutu v4.  It is by no means Tutu Lite. Well, it is easier and quicker, but it is offers all the features of regular Tutu using a simpler, less confusing installation program. Easy Tutu is only an option for the English editions of the game, though, so if you're using a different language game, this won't be an option.

So if you've got an English game, go with EasyTutu.

(edit: Apparently, the information about 'English only' is incorrect, but I have no way to verify that locally :))

If you're going to add any mods (and I highly recommend BG1 NPC over at G3), remember: If you want to modify Tutu, point the mod installation to the Tutu directory.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:48:26 AM by BGhead »

hephaistos

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:29:21 AM »
ehm that not really true,easytutu works with every language as long as totsc is installed aswell, im running it with the german version of bg1+totsc ,the only downside is that the text is in english after the installation but that is not a problem for me, and not only is it easyer to install it also fixes way more stuff then regular tutu and has a way better spawning system aswell!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
Hello -

Regarding the EasyTutu/Tutu v 4 decision, I'd like to state something that might seem obvious to some, but was really confusing to me.

EasyTutu is not an easier, quicker, less functional version of Tutu v4.  It is by no means Tutu Lite. Well, it is easier and quicker, but it is offers all the features of regular Tutu using a simpler, less confusing installation program.

I suppose it is a bit confusing -- the name sort of suggests "Tutu for dummies."  Essentially, EasyTutu is Tutu4 + Tutufix15 core bug fixes, plus everything you see in the EasyTutu change log.  Also, it has a much better installer.  On the minus side, it is for the English language, PC-based player base only.

Easy Tutu is only an option for the English editions of the game, though, so if you're using a different language game, this won't be an option.

EasyTutu will only ever let you play in the English language.  That said, I've received numerous reports that installation has gone fine using non-English distributions of the Baldur's Gate games.  Tales of the Sword Coast will definitely be required for such installations, due to the heavy file manipulation that takes place when the expansion is not present (said file manipulation only works with English distributions).

So if you've got an English game, go with EasyTutu.

Thanks for the recommendation.

As for the OP's question: EasyTutu includes the Baldurdash fixes.  The answer to that question as well as some other common ones can be found in the EasyTutu FAQ.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: