Author Topic: EasyTutu "Hotfixes"  (Read 57431 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
EasyTutu "Hotfixes"
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:55:11 AM »
Hello -

Because I am scaling back the frequency with which I create new EasyTutu releases, I've decided to assemble and post a collection of EasyTutu "hotfixes" for the latest available version.  The idea behind these mini-fixpacks is that most of the issues that are reported these days are non-critical in nature, and as such, do not warrant a new release on their own merits.  Still, though, it is nice to have them available if you are updating your installation for a new game, and it's always nice for me to gain the opportunity to receive feedback prior to integrating new work into the main EasyTutu distributions, so...here we are.

I am only going to provide very limited support for these little interim fixpacks.  Basically, they are intended to be applied to a clean installation of the latest version of EasyTutu -- i.e., not applied mid-game, and not applied after mods.  In practice, though, the fixes are generally going to be of a simple enough nature that you should have no problems installing them whenever you like.  I just want to make it clear that if you do encounter problems applying them to a game in progress or to an already modded installation, I am not going to try to address whatever issue sprung up.  I am only interested in addressing problems which can be replicated on a clean EasyTutu installation.

As issues come up and are fixed, I will continue to add the fixes to this hotfix package.  You will be able to tell exactly what fixes you are getting from a given download by checking the "Coming in the Next Release" section of the changelog and seeing which updates have a "hotfix available" postscript.  Once I do a new release, I will wipe the slate clean and start fresh with a new hotfix pack as needed.

The hotfixes are implemented as a WeiDU mod, so just download the self-extracting package, extract it to your EasyTutu folder, and opt to install the fixes when prompted to do so.  If you want to remove them, you may uninstall them by double-clicking the Setup-EasyTutuHotfixes.exe program in your EasyTutu folder.  That's about it.

Beregost bug hotfix now available.  Link.  Thanks to A64 for his research and code.

Note: the Beregost hotfix is only necessary if you are using the legacy Installshield distribution of EasyTutu.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:17:18 AM by Macready »
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: EasyTutu "Hotfixes"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
Wicked cool idea, and one I wish i could figure out how to apply to BG1NPC !

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:31:36 PM »
Methinks it would be a good idea to have this thread stickied...

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »
Hello -

Methinks it would be a good idea to have this thread stickied...

Actually, perhaps I'll put together one master EasyTutu thread and we can lobby for that to be stickied.  Then we can let go of all the other EasyTutu-related stuff cluttering the top of the forum.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 10:09:21 AM »
Actually, perhaps I'll put together one master EasyTutu thread and we can lobby for that to be stickied.  Then we can let go of all the other EasyTutu-related stuff cluttering the top of the forum.

Excellent idea.

If you could add a MacEasyTutu link, that would make it even better. :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 05:44:36 PM »
Hello -

If you could add a MacEasyTutu link, that would make it even better. :)

Done.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 07:27:19 PM »
Much obliged, Macready. :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 06:36:18 PM »
Hello -

A hotfix package for the 05 Feb 2007 release of EasyTutu has been posted.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »
- Fixed Vay-ya (found in the Low Lantern in the city of Baldur's Gate) such that her gender is set properly.  (hotfix available)
- Altered two books (History of the Drow, The Dark Wars and History of Shadowland - Doust Sulwood Becomes Lord of Shadowdale) such that they are now sellable in stores.  (hotfix available)
Am I missing something?  Just wondering why a hotfix is necessary for these two things, unless it contains other undocumented fixes.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »
Hello -

Am I missing something?  Just wondering why a hotfix is necessary for these two things

That's the whole point of the hotfixes.  Simple fixes that are easy to deploy, unlikely to cause any harm, and do not merit a new release of EasyTutu.

I also wanted to release the book selling fix for Alboy, who has been a fantastic tester and bug reporter over a very long period of time.  He's responsible for quite a few subtle glitches getting brought to light and fixed.

unless it contains other undocumented fixes.

As I indicated in original post in this thread, the only fixes you are getting are those with a "hotfix available" postscript at the top of the change log.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »
I hate to make demands on someone who has done so much for Tutu, but I must.

Would you please sticky the hotfix thread. In a few days, it will be back on page 2 or 3 and lots of eager consumers will not even see it.

Tutu rocks. EasyTutu rocks exponentially.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:35:41 PM »
Hello -

Thanks very much for the kind words.

I'm not actually a forum moderator, so I can't sticky the thread.  But, in an effort to cut down on excessive stickiness, I did put together a "master" EasyTutu thread which was in fact stickied by our gracious hosts, and which contains a link to the hotfixes thread.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 07:41:08 PM »
That's the whole point of the hotfixes.
Ok.  I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything - I was genuinely wondering if it including fixes other than the documented ones (there was also some suggestion on G3 this might've been the case).  Also this hotfix doesn't seem to be particularly necessary unless you have an issue with one of the two things it fixes (again, I'm just reporting the facts - not criticising it).

You might, however, consider adding the hotfix link to your EasyTutu page (as I think you've done in the past).

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 07:45:07 PM »
Well, a reference in a stickied post is all anyone could ask, I suppose. I'll just tell people to read the whole post. :)

I always feel good about recommending EasyTutu, because I know the pain-free installation process makes it that much easier for people to enjoy BG1 as it might have been, had technology been up to it.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 07:59:27 AM »
Hello -

I was genuinely wondering if it including fixes other than the documented ones (there was also some suggestion on G3 this might've been the case).

This is sometimes the case in major EasyTutu releases -- I know I've done some things in the past that I didn't bother documenting, or didn't specify exactly what I meant by "fixing" some issue.  I do try to be good about hitting the highlights, though.

Also this hotfix doesn't seem to be particularly necessary unless you have an issue with one of the two things it fixes (again, I'm just reporting the facts - not criticising it).

At this stage, this is probably true of most issues I take on, except for the big ones.  There isn't much in the way of show-stoppers any more.

You might, however, consider adding the hotfix link to your EasyTutu page (as I think you've done in the past).

Well, the "hotfix" postscript in the changelog is actually a link to the hotfixes thread.  I thought that's what I did last time as well.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 08:32:46 PM »
Hello -

Added a hotfix to update the Nashkel store such that its proprietor purchases shields.

EDIT: I should probably point out that this fix will do you no good if you've already visited the Nashkel store in a currently running game, as the buggered version of the .STO is burned into your savegame.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 08:44:55 PM by Macready »

Amgot

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 07:03:02 PM »
Hi Macready,

first thanks so much for your work on EasyTutu! Second, I just wanted to know whether there is any new version of EasyTutu coming soon or if you intend to stick with hotfixes for the coming months. If there is a new version on the way, do you have any estimated release date? Reason I ask is because I'm planning a run through BG1 with EasyTutu and I'm willing to wait if there is a new version coming soon...

Thanks!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 04:14:27 AM »
Hello -

Second, I just wanted to know whether there is any new version of EasyTutu coming soon

Unlikely at best, I think, so by all means proceed with the currently available version.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 08:16:44 PM »
Added a hotfix to update the Nashkel store such that its proprietor purchases shields.
This update was reported 04-Mar-2007, but the latest hotfix package linked above has a date stamp of 05-Feb-2007.  Is there another hotfix somewhere, or did you just add it to the old package without changing the date?

Also, have there been no new fixes or development since March?  I know there have been other fixable issues reported in this forum.  Just wondering.

Offline Tekee

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
If I downloaded the May 08 version do I need the May 08 Hot fixes? ( I just noticed that you had the last editied May 08 )

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
Hello.

A Beregost bug hotfix has been posted.  See the OP for details.

Robocasper

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:38 PM »
Macready:

A heads up on the hotfix install order: it doesn't work well with Degreenifier.  I had to do Degreenifier first and then A64's fix for Beregost issue next or my Weidu.log recorded this after Degreenifier (on the A64 fix as the first install): //???

Worked perfect the other way around though...okay off to do my own Dudley fixes by (I don't know why I so *n*l-retentive)  :P

Robocasper

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »
Reporting back:

I fixed the //??? on the weidu.log by:
1. Installing the hotfixes first
2. Running Degreenifier - NO INSTALL
3. Copy the latest version of weidu.exe to the "degreen" folder (replaces an old version there)
4. Running Degreenifier - INSTALL

When you look at the weidu.log now it replaces the //???:
~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfix: A64 Saves Beregost
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

Now mod like crazy  ;D

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Planewalker
  • Scourge of Kobolds
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
So AFTER I lost all my saved games to corruption (for one character, that is) in Beregost (four years away, I forgot about that bug) I decided to check and see if there was a fix for it, and it seems there is, thankfully!  I don't want to lose another level 5 solo mage!  One question though... do I just download that hotfix and run it, or does it need to be put in the tutu installation folder first, or is there some sort of order that has to be used when installing it?  Thanks!
In progress - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Beleg33

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
You can try this to salvage your saves.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: