BG1 Completed Mods > BG1Tutu General

EasyTutu "Hotfixes"

(1/6) > >>

Macready:
Hello -

Because I am scaling back the frequency with which I create new EasyTutu releases, I've decided to assemble and post a collection of EasyTutu "hotfixes" for the latest available version.  The idea behind these mini-fixpacks is that most of the issues that are reported these days are non-critical in nature, and as such, do not warrant a new release on their own merits.  Still, though, it is nice to have them available if you are updating your installation for a new game, and it's always nice for me to gain the opportunity to receive feedback prior to integrating new work into the main EasyTutu distributions, so...here we are.

I am only going to provide very limited support for these little interim fixpacks.  Basically, they are intended to be applied to a clean installation of the latest version of EasyTutu -- i.e., not applied mid-game, and not applied after mods.  In practice, though, the fixes are generally going to be of a simple enough nature that you should have no problems installing them whenever you like.  I just want to make it clear that if you do encounter problems applying them to a game in progress or to an already modded installation, I am not going to try to address whatever issue sprung up.  I am only interested in addressing problems which can be replicated on a clean EasyTutu installation.

As issues come up and are fixed, I will continue to add the fixes to this hotfix package.  You will be able to tell exactly what fixes you are getting from a given download by checking the "Coming in the Next Release" section of the changelog and seeing which updates have a "hotfix available" postscript.  Once I do a new release, I will wipe the slate clean and start fresh with a new hotfix pack as needed.

The hotfixes are implemented as a WeiDU mod, so just download the self-extracting package, extract it to your EasyTutu folder, and opt to install the fixes when prompted to do so.  If you want to remove them, you may uninstall them by double-clicking the Setup-EasyTutuHotfixes.exe program in your EasyTutu folder.  That's about it.

Beregost bug hotfix now available.  Link.  Thanks to A64 for his research and code.

Note: the Beregost hotfix is only necessary if you are using the legacy Installshield distribution of EasyTutu.

cmorgan:
Wicked cool idea, and one I wish i could figure out how to apply to BG1NPC !

Gorilym:
Methinks it would be a good idea to have this thread stickied...

Macready:
Hello -

--- Quote from: Gorilym on October 12, 2006, 03:31:36 PM ---Methinks it would be a good idea to have this thread stickied...

--- End quote ---

Actually, perhaps I'll put together one master EasyTutu thread and we can lobby for that to be stickied.  Then we can let go of all the other EasyTutu-related stuff cluttering the top of the forum.

Gorilym:

--- Quote from: Macready on October 12, 2006, 06:30:47 PM ---Actually, perhaps I'll put together one master EasyTutu thread and we can lobby for that to be stickied.  Then we can let go of all the other EasyTutu-related stuff cluttering the top of the forum.

--- End quote ---

Excellent idea.

If you could add a MacEasyTutu link, that would make it even better. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version