Author Topic: Easy Tutu vs Tutu4/Tutu6 -Differences I've noticed  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
Easy Tutu vs Tutu4/Tutu6 -Differences I've noticed
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
Wasn't quite sure where to put this - Am using the latest EasyTutu download, G3's Tweaks for everything including Tutu, G3's BG1NPCs, the new Sword Coast Strategies, plus the Tutu approved mods, Mur'Neth, Finch, Indira.  Have also downloaded Sir Billybob's SoBH and BWL's Tutu approved mod.
These are not really bugs per se but some things I've noticed on this pass through the BG1 game.

1 - Sirines in the Lathlander temple.  They used to emit some noise when I clicked on them.  They do not now.
2 - Dryad of the Cloudpeaks - She used to say something like 'My tree is in so much pain' after they completed that quest Now she doesn't
3 - Healnig spells - even fi Jaheira is casting I'm getting a male voice

Some areas where I've never gotten the slowdown in walking speeds/movement are happening now - no big deal - I just turn down the ambient sounds and the party moves normally.  But this first  happened during the cutscene where Gorion gets killed and this never occurred before.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Easy Tutu vs Tutu4/Tutu6 -Differences I've noticed
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:34:18 PM »
Hello -

Wasn't quite sure where to put this - Am using the latest EasyTutu download, G3's Tweaks for everything including Tutu, G3's BG1NPCs, the new Sword Coast Strategies, plus the Tutu approved mods, Mur'Neth, Finch, Indira.  Have also downloaded Sir Billybob's SoBH and BWL's Tutu approved mod.
These are not really bugs per se but some things I've noticed on this pass through the BG1 game.

1 - Sirines in the Lathlander temple.  They used to emit some noise when I clicked on them.  They do not now.
2 - Dryad of the Cloudpeaks - She used to say something like 'My tree is in so much pain' after they completed that quest Now she doesn't
3 - Healnig spells - even fi Jaheira is casting I'm getting a male voice

I don't think the differences are a Tutu vs. EasyTutu issue.  I'm more inclined to suspect a mod's influence.  Can you duplicate the behavior on a clean EasyTutu installation?  (if you have the disk space, you can always install a temporary second copy for testing)

Most times when someone reports an issue with seemingly global effects (in this case, wide-ranging sound issues), I suspect Tweaks.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
Like I said, it's no big deal and I'd prefer to keep using EasyTutu over the old Tutu/TutuFixpack  installation.  And the good people at G3 are very good at fixing stuff if their mods did it.

Havnig too much fun on this pass through BG1 (Tutu installed) to re-start - just wanted to report it in case someone else had this happen as it is very minor.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »
Hello -

Havnig too much fun on this pass through BG1 (Tutu installed) to re-start - just wanted to report it in case someone else had this happen as it is very minor.

OK.  If you get the time and the inclination, I'd love to hear the results of a test on a clean EasyTutu (again, you can install a second copy without affecting your "real" one).  If you are able to replicate the behavior sans mods, I'd like to address it.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »
I think the Jaheira thing is a known issue--IIRC her .CRE depends on your level when you meet her, and one is missing a gender assignment (so sounds male).
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:21:39 AM »
Hello -

I think the Jaheira thing is a known issue--IIRC her .CRE depends on your level when you meet her, and one is missing a gender assignment (so sounds male).

OK, thanks.  Checking a clean installation, I can see that _JAHEIR4 and _JAHEIR6 have an unknown gender value.  Perhaps it is defaulting to male.  I'll get those fixed for the next release.

As for the other two examples mentioned by the OP, _IRINE02 does in fact have the siren song resource defined in INITIAL_MEETING, SELECT_COMMON1 and DIALOG_DEFAULT (among other slots), and the Dryad has the specified sound resource defined in SELECT_COMMON1 and DIALOG_DEFAULT.  So, I am not sure what is going in the latter two cases.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:57:38 AM »
As I recall, in BG1, when people had nothing to say to you, their sound played at a distance. In BG2, you have to walk up to them.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 12:41:51 PM »
Hello -

OK, thanks.  Checking a clean installation, I can see that _JAHEIR4 and _JAHEIR6 have an unknown gender value.  Perhaps it is defaulting to male.  I'll get those fixed for the next release.

The female soundset is only played when gender is set to female: I think all other assignments (male, none etc) use the male set.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Maugrimme

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 08:10:54 AM »
I have recently DL and installed EasyTutu and have come across a strange problem that I have not seen mentioned elsewhere on the forum (until now).  On a number of the maps I have experienced extreme slowdown issues (when moving around the maps it almost appears as if its jumping from screen to screen rather than moving as normal).  It is playable but is far more difficult due to suddenly appearing to jump into a group of monsters (not nice if it happens with the more powerful groups in the game such as Sarevoks acolytes, kobold army in Firewine Ruins and Iron Throne group outside Underground temple to name a few); I have a number of Weidu mods installed and all are compatible and other than the massive slowdown no other problems are arising.  My PC specs are as follows (though I doubt that is the cause):-

2.8GHz Pentium D
2Gb memory
2x 200Gb HD
256Mb NVIDIA Graphics card
1024 Resolution (first of the unsupported BG2 resolutions, always worked fine on BG2 and ToB)
300Mb cache

Also everything is maxed out graphic-wise etc. and the mods installed are mainly BG2 (with the exception of the Tutu Mods) and they all worked fine on standalone installs (same resolution, graphic settings, cache setting etc.)

I have completed the first two chapters of BG and am one of those players who like to clear all of the areas to maximise XP etc.  The following areas are the ones that I have had the slowdown with:-

AR2700 (area east of Candlekeep)  Quite bad; extremely jerky during the sequence Gorion gets killed.  Party constantly seems to skip, fine if moving one char at a time.
AR3300 (Beregost)   Quite bad; extermely jerky while in group, fine if moving one char at a time.
AR4800 (Nashkel)   The worst slowdown; jerky throughout, seems to skip even if moving only one char.
AR5300 (area south of Nashkel)   The same performance as Nashkel
AR5100 (Gnoll Stronghold)   Not too bad, gets worse once actually in the fort.  Fine at the bridge and clearing north area of the map.  Again fine if only moving one char.

During the two chapters I completed 12 map areas completely (not including the mine maps); the only thing that might be causing this as far as I can figure out is that all of the above areas have multiple scripted encounters as follows:-

AR2700  Sarevok ambush, Imoen joining, Kolssed meeting
AR3300  Golin Vend directions, Garrick and Silke, Faltis and rogues, Karlat attack, Zhurlong in Burning Wizard, Marl in Feldeposts (later chapter Elminster, Chloe search, Officer Vai)
AR4800  Guard Bardalan info, Neira the assassin, Noober, Berrun Ghastkill meeting, Daer'Ragh (later chapter Nimbul assassin)
AR5300  Albert and Ruffie, Sendai and hunters, Vax and Zal, Larry-Darryl-Darryl

I am going to try a scandisk and disk defrag to see if the installation has split up some files (including full clean install); failing that I'll try removal of the ambient sounds (as suggested by thread starter).  Any other suggestions if the above solutions still do not work?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 09:00:49 AM »
The difficulty you are referring to is a generic Tutu problem; I can't find the post now but there are a bunch of them that explain the whole thing in detail (it is a darned old problem that comes up all the tme :) ).

The short answer is turn off ambient sound in those areas. Something makes Tutu slow down dramatically when multiple ambients are called (happens in those areas.) The second thing to do (tremendously helped me!!) is to make sre you have used the Degreenifier, and turn on 3D accelleration in the configuration file in your EasyTutu folder, being careful to test it out. On my machine, the 2Q settings are way more than enough to overdo the graphics accelleration. I now have rain, thunder, ambients overlapping (outdoor+ speech + thunder/rain/wind + combat, etc. etc. and it runs incredibly smoothly (and your rig looks like it could kick my silly little old alinware 1.7GHz rig's sorry bottom :)!).

Kindoffer

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 07:23:57 AM »
I'm always iffy to reply to really old topics, but creating a completely new one is even worse in my book. Obviously, I ran a search on "slowdowns" and this was the only thing I came up with. My apologies if I missed something.

Ever since I installed the Degreenifier to fix the water, the ambient sound the water sets off is what causes major slowdowns on my PC. As mentioned above, turning Ambient Sound down to nothing completely solves this, but that means I have to switch everytime I enter an area with a lot of water in it. What I would like to know is if there is a way to simply remove the sound of water completely and solely. Sure, I'll miss it, but it's a small price to pay in order to make the game run smooth once again.

Sorry again if I should've replied elsewhere, or if I should've created a new topic.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 02:42:58 AM »
You could delete the ambient and/or all references to it but I'm not sure I'd recommend that - might cause crashes.  It seems strange the Degreenifier would affect sounds (I thought it was only a visual thing).  But you could try turning off 3D acceleration also and see if that helps.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: