Author Topic: Archived Posts - Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair  (Read 17749 times)

Offline Lupuss

• Planewalker
Archived Posts - Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
Hi all! I've got some questions concerning Entremi appearance in Bodhi's lair.

First is it possible to encouter him if Drizzt isn't helping me clearing the lair? I'm asking because I've not met Drizzt, though I've travelled a lot just to meet him. Could it be a bug? Can I change a variable so Drizzt will aid me in the lair?

When they do battle is there a chance that Entreri may win?

Thans for the info!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Drizzt and Entremi encounter
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
IIRC the battle's outcome is fought using their stats (i.e. not cheating), so I suppose Entreri could win. I think you need Drizzt to be helping you for the encounter, though.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Lupuss

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 07:14:40 AM »
I'm an idiot... I searched for Drizzt when fighting Bodhi the first time! I forgot you only get help when you have to raid her lair the second (and last) time.

So I'll meet my favourite forgotten realms character... and I'll have to kill him. It's not easy being a paladin ;)

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:29:48 AM »
Too bad Entreri's dagger is not like the one in the novels. It is suppose to be a vampiric dagger not just an Level Drain dagger.

Offline Menelanna

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 02:53:33 PM »
it is also too bad you can't get the sword he got in the novels! can you imagin having Caron's (sp?) Claw?! that sword is one nasty little bugger! also if Drizzt swords also had the ablities they had in the novels that would be awsome too. Iceing Death is suppose to give 100% fire immunity. well i could actually go on for quite a while how nice it would be if all the Hero's of the Hall's weapons worked the way they do in the books.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 06:08:52 PM »
I don't think he gets Charon's Claw until fairly recently in the novel timeline.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Menelanna

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »
he gets Charon's Claw in Servent of the Shard. Which was the third book in the Paths of Darkness quartet but has now been made into first book of The Sellswords Trilogy that Salvatore is currently working on. But I think Drizzt and Entriri still duke it out when he has Charon's Claw, but I could be mistaken, has been a few years since I have read the book. But you still have to admit, that is one NASTY sword!

Offline Gibresol

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
he gets Charon's Claw in Servent of the Shard. Which was the third book in the Paths of Darkness quartet but has now been made into first book of The Sellswords Trilogy that Salvatore is currently working on. But I think Drizzt and Entriri still duke it out when he has Charon's Claw, but I could be mistaken, has been a few years since I have read the book. But you still have to admit, that is one NASTY sword!
warning spoilers for servant of the shard.
Nope Entremi thinks he killed drizzt either exactly after he got the sword or shortly before he got it. I think it was before becouse he lost the actual fight to drizzt, it was due to a little psyonics that he now belives he killed drizzt.

Offline Menelanna

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 06:05:34 PM »

Nope Entremi thinks he killed drizzt either exactly after he got the sword or shortly before he got it. I think it was before becouse he lost the actual fight to drizzt, it was due to a little psyonics that he now belives he killed drizzt.

Thats right! As I said before it has been a long while since I have read the Drizzt books. I want to reread them but I sooooo much else to read. Plus my aunt is currently borrowing my Drizzt collection and the Cleric Quintet.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »
The problem with the Drizzt novels (other than the usual gripes people have with them) is that several of them were published after the Baldur's Gate games, but set before the games in the FR timeline - meaning numerous discrepencies have cropped up.  I believe the latest trilogy is set just after ToB, though, so there shouldn't be any more :).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 06:00:03 AM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 03:36:04 PM »
But Entreri and Drizzt are divided by half the Faerun, nevermind the distance to Amn. ;D But since the games are not considered cannon by wotsc, it doesn't matter much. Although quite stupidly Philip Athans's books are considered cannon. >:(

Margin Boo

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »
The problem with the Drizzt novels (other than the usual gripes people have with them) is that several of them were published after the Baldur's Gate games, but set before the games in the FR timeline - meaning numerous discrepencies have cropped up.  I believe the latest trilogy is set just after ToB, though, so there shouldn't be any more :).
What are the usual gripes? Are the books worth reading?

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »
Yes, they are worth reading, from the first one to the last. As for gripes, that depends on everyone's distaste. Some don't like the god-like figure of Drizzt in some novels, some don't like the fact that dwarves are present in every one of RAS's novels, while others don't like the fact that many of the evil characters don't have much development (except for Entreri, of course).

Offline Menelanna

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 05:21:50 PM »
the books are definately worth reading IMO. I loved them! Salvatore's books may not be able to hold a candle to masterpieces like Tolkin's Lord of the RIngs and Tad William's Memeory, Sorrow, and Thorn, but they are still great books. I have read all of them and loved all of them. His latest book just came out this month, which I have yet to get. *runs off to buy the book*

Offline DeathKnight1728

• Planewalker
Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 10:59:30 PM »
Hi everyone!

I for one thought that Artemis Entreri's encounter in Bodhi's lair was stupid. They completely made Artemis Entreri not even close to Drizzt's ability. I remember when I played the first time with unfinished business, Drizzt killed Artemis in like a couple seconds. It was complete utter trash.

Let's Discuss...........

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
Re: Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 04:42:45 AM »
That's the way the designers coded him; I don't think we touched his abilities.

Offline Ghostfires

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »
I remember the same feeling when running into Bodhi's lair.  Entreri was just cake to bring down.

It would've added a lot had they coded him with more attention. 

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 01:23:59 AM »
Judging by the Forgotten Realms/Salvatore books timeline, Artemis shouldn't be there at all: he well believes that Drizzt is dead, so why would he try to find him? Probably that's the reason the designers cut him in the first place, though I wouldn't know.

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »
Judging by the Forgotten Realms/Salvatore books timeline, Artemis shouldn't be there at all: he well believes that Drizzt is dead, so why would he try to find him? Probably that's the reason the designers cut him in the first place, though I wouldn't know.
Judging by the FR/Salvatore's books timeline, Drizzt should not be there either. ;D

Offline MERLANCE

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »
Drizzt is everywhere! Everywhere! Though I enjoyed some of the books, he is the sort of a god moding rogue drow that everyone hates him for.

Offline Starcrunch

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »
I've always found both the hero worshiping (for his combat prowess) and abject hatred of Drizzt (for being godly) strange. He doesn't do many things that are truly godly by the standards of fantasy writing. He mostly fights normal creatures with swords, axes, clubs. It's quite rare that he fights a powerful wizard, demon/devil , or dragon and when it does happen it is always a very narrow escape/victory usually brought about by aid from his allies and friends. He almost never participates in world shaking events. He's razed no cities, ended no empires, and has never overthrown a deity. He's a very good swordsman, but I find his personality and intellect far more interesting than his swordsmanship. I like his periodic lapses into melancholy, and I especially like that he truly is affected by the deaths (real or perceived) of his friends, allies and acquaintances. Too often in fantasy literature the deaths of people who are supposed to be major parts of the heroes life go unnoticed after a few seconds of mourning by the hero, only to have that mourning resurface miraculously in the epilogue cheapening those lives and deaths. Much of this is simply a factor of Salvatore being one of the few decent fantasy writers alive today. I mean to say that he is much more careful with his plots and the emotional state of his characters than most, and his talent for writing English sentences far surpasses most other fantasy writers (Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman excepted).

-Starcrunch

Calth

Re: Archived Posts - Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
Time for bit of thread necromancy - there is no Artemis in Bodhi's Lair... Just someone named Arkanis, this entire debate was about nothing... how is that :D

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
Time for bit of thread necromancy - there is no Artemis in Bodhi's Lair... Just someone named Arkanis, this entire debate was about nothing... how is that :D
Artemis only appears if you ask Driz'zt for help (and install the relevant UB component), while Arkanis only appears if you ask the Shadow Thieves.

Calth

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
What have I done! I resurrected wrong thread! It lives! ;D

Didn't realize the talk was about add-on, my bad.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: