BG1 Completed Mods > BG1Tutu Bugs and Support

Kirinhale - Charm

(1/2) > >>

_Drelnza_:
On the top level of Durlag's Tower the Succubus Kirinhale's charm power bypasses all magical protection, even the blue potion of Magic Protection.

Is this a bug? I am not sure because Kirinhale's script reads "FORCE SPELL" and not being too hot on scripting I am not sure if this is supposed to bypass protections? I was disappointed my Minor Globe of Invulnerability failed to protect against a simple charm spell in any case, surely it should. The spell in question I beleive is SUCCUBUS_CHARM_MALE SPW1930.

Also I noticed that her Energy Drain power does not seem to function. The icon appears over PCs but no level drain occurs.

Macready:
Hello -

I'll take a look at this when I get a chance, and then report back.

_Drelnza_:
Great thank you. This has got me intrigued and after some research I think the problem, if it is a problem, is that the spell level of SUCCUBUS_CHARM_MALE is 0. Protections Minor Globe of Invulnerability and Potion of Magic Blocking block effects of spell levels 1-3 and 1-5 so do not work?

But I am not sure if this was intentional. Perhaps the producers wanted the spell to be "natural" and the only protection to be something like Potion of Clarity or something else specifically charm resistant.

I am going to test in BGI to see what happened there.

_Drelnza_:
I loaded up BGI and Kirinhale's charm ability bypasses the Potion of Magic Blocking. I guess it was intentional then? Is that how all innate spells work? Seems strange to me that just because the charm is innate it should bypass magic protections. Unless the producers wanted the skill to be more like a gaze attack or something...

Macready:
Hello -

--- Quote from: _Drelnza_ on August 05, 2006, 10:26:15 AM ---I loaded up BGI and Kirinhale's charm ability bypasses the Potion of Magic Blocking. I guess it was intentional then? Is that how all innate spells work? Seems strange to me that just because the charm is innate it should bypass magic protections. Unless the producers wanted the skill to be more like a gaze attack or something...

--- End quote ---

The designers made plenty of mistakes, so the spell's behavior in BG1 isn't necessarily indicative of its intended behavior.  But still, thanks for any and all research into the issue -- every bit of information helps.  I'll look at it when I get a chance, but for now I need to concentrate on a more serious crash bug that's just come up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version