Author Topic: Shapeshifting and Disappearing... Items?  (Read 874 times)

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
Shapeshifting and Disappearing... Items?
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:01:55 PM »
So, I decided to start my BG1 game over with just FotD, XP cap remover, DEFJAM, and BG1 UB installed and have a bit of fun seeing how much exp I can get while only at 10% of everything.  To add to that, I decided to be like all the other "famous" adventurers and collect stuff.  If Durlag had enough stuff to fund that entire tower of his, trap it to death, and leave plenty of things left for me to steal, I'm determined to beat him in that game.  I've got about 10 containers where I just store stuff located around the game.

Now, I'm generally playing the game with a whole bunch of things open, and sometimes pushing my RAM up to the 512 limit; I do have a huge pagefile, but that is really slow.  Suffice to say, I close stuff out when it gets that bad.  I also have DLTCEP open, but not reading the dialog.tlk file, since it can't read it while BG is reading it.

My problem is this:  some of the items don't seem to stick where I put them.  I had a quest container that I moved from Beregost up to Lucky Aello's, and sometime between a save or two, the items just plain disappeared.  It's very possible I just forgot where I put them, but I could have sworn I put them in that one box.  Another bit of strangeness was when I decided to complete Phierkas' quest and drop off Algernon's cloak.  Only I didn't have it, and neither did Algernon.  I had dropped it off in a container somewhere and put on my nymph cloak instead.  In the container was... another nymph cloak.  Now, I KNOW I didn't get two of them, since I sold my second nymph hair to Halbazzer.  More strangeness arose when I picked up my Helm of Glory for the extra charisma discount while buying a pricy ring at a store.  I saved my game inbetween there, come back, and the Helm hasn't moved, but it's still on my head.  So now I have two of them.  Now I can't seem to find my Cloak of Balduran.

I have a few ideas as to what might be going wrong, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of thing.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: