Author Topic: Rules Lawyer Mod?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
Rules Lawyer Mod?
« on: August 03, 2006, 07:32:35 AM »
I enjoyed playing FotD, although I never finished it as an entire level of the Cloakwood mines was missing. I have the saved games somewhere...

But is there any way to use the rules fixes of FotD without the new plot, IE use the fixes with the original BG-TSC story?

How did you give the Elves 90% MR to sleep/charm etc and the other racial bonuses? There don't seem to be any 2DA files for them. I am playing solo for the first time and my high Elf F/M/T got dire charmed straight away by a damned sirine... It's just not right!

BAH!

~

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Rules Lawyer Mod?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:38:56 AM »
Dudleyville has fixed the racial bonus together with another ton of bugs present in Baldur's Gate/Tales of the Sword Coast. You may download them at www.dudleyville.net.

Note that also Unfinished Business for BG1 just here on this very forum let you install a component that fixes your problem.

You lucky fella has two options plus a third (the best): install and play FotD!  ;)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Rules Lawyer Mod?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:14:06 PM »
But is there any way to use the rules fixes of FotD without the new plot, IE use the fixes with the original BG-TSC story?

What new plot? I do not change the story of the game.

How did you give the Elves 90% MR to sleep/charm etc and the other racial bonuses? There don't seem to be any 2DA files for them. I am playing solo for the first time and my high Elf F/M/T got dire charmed straight away by a damned sirine... It's just not right!

Elves gain two permanent effects granting them 90% immunity to Charm and Sleep effects.

-Echon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: