Author Topic: new mod? continuity between BG1NPC mod and BG2/Flirt Packs  (Read 2394 times)

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
Hi! here's my idea. I've posted this at the BG1npc forum as well.

Summary:
Create content to link BG1NPC mod with BG2/ Flirt Pack. Specifically to acknowledge the loss of Dynaheir and Khalid, and help move the PC into a relationship with choices from the BG2 Flirt Pack. I would also work in content with the other survivors of the BG1 group.

Details:
I have done some searching around here and at G3 and sorcerer's area, and I haven't seen anything that addresses continuity between the romance mod for BG1 and the romances for BG2.

I'm thinking of diving into the pool and trying to make a mod. I can't say when it will be ready, but I'm trying to get some ideas together, and am going to try to learn about creating a mod from the resources on the typical sites.

Basically, my idea is that if you play BG1 with the BG1NPC mod, when you move on and play BG2 nothing acknowledges your actions in BG1 romantically. I am thinking especially of the dyanaheir romance. Additionally, aside from Jaheira and Minsc having some mourning comments, there's hardly any ackowledgement of the loss of your comrades in arms from the PC side or other NPCs.

Ideas:
I'm approaching this from this specific scenario:
based on the initial characters in BG2, the BG1 party would have been made of
PC, Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir, Minsc. For my initial effort, the PC romanced Dynaheir. Perhaps later I will be able to make more content reflecting the other choices in the bg1npc mod.

In BG2, I intend to make content that will allow Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and PC to commiserate and experience the shock etc. from the loss. I will attempt to work in
content reflecting a mourning period between the PC and the romantic choices from BG2, and perhaps have a delaying factor in the Flirt Pack interactions until some closure has been achieved.
Now to be perfectly honest, I'm thinking of all this having not played all the way through BG2 SOA/TOB yet, for the first time. I'm aware perhaps it may appear a bit hasty, but I think it could make for a richer experience if I can pull it off.
Any suggestions or comments?
I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
Re: new mod? continuity between BG1NPC mod and BG2/Flirt Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:43 PM »
There is some brainstorming going on over at Gibberlings3.net about this thread in case anyone is interested. Feel free to jump in!
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=6667
I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: