Author Topic: Bug fixes - v15  (Read 8753 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Bug fixes - v15
« on: July 12, 2006, 12:43:56 AM »
The bug reports thread is boring, full of slackers who just want to create work for you. I reduce it! (Well, OK, so I'm fixing my own mess here... :) )

UB's Glacias charm fix in Restored Minor Dialogues is from the Fixpack, but it'll choke when installed more than once since I didn't properly safeguard my code. Two options: detect the Fixpack and don't modify ar1303.bcs, or use a more robust patch (I suggest the latter):

Code: [Select]
// fixes Glacias charm issue
COPY_EXISTING ~ar1303.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ApplySpell("kpglai01",WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC)~
                      ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ApplySpell("kpglai01",FORCE_DISPEL_MAGIC))~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[^,]ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL)~
                      ~ActionOverride("kpglai01",ChangeEnemyAlly("kpglai01",NEUTRAL))~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

The component still installs, but will report an error. It will also completely nuke the script.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:45:49 AM by CamDawg »
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Bug fixes - v15
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:46:48 AM »
Cheers, Cam. :) I'll replace the code with this patch.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline dustloop

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »
Sorry to necro this thread up, but I am going to be installing UB and the Fixpack soon and I have no knowledge of how to modify the code as specified. Can I confirm that if I change ar1303.bcs to be read-only when installing the Fixpack and change it back after installation, UB will install fine and there will be no crashes associated?

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »
I don't know what will happen if you make it read-only, actually. If you try it, I'd advise keeping a backup of the file. And you'd probably want to make it read-only when installing UB, not the Fixpack. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline dustloop

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:33:14 AM »
Sounds good. I'll report back once I receive my BG this Sunday.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »
Cam, I've put this code into the tp2. Does anything else need to change for the next version of Fixpack?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 04:27:56 AM »
I would guess that there might be a significant amount of redundancy between the Fixpack and some parts of the UB components "Corrected BAMs and Scripts", "Corrected Character Names" and "Restored Minor Dialogues".