Author Topic: Weapon Restrictions w/mods  (Read 9868 times)

Guest_Ben

Weapon Restrictions w/mods
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:11:30 AM »
Great idea for the revised weapon restrictions, the Cleric=no pointy never made sense to me either.  I was curious about the implementation of this mod with other mods, and since I haven't seen it listed on a faq yet I figured I'd ask here.

1. Do custom kits (i.e. the Rhythym warrior) from other mods retain their weapon restrictions?
2. Will mod items (such as Weimers improved item mod) still be subject to restriction?

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Weapon Restrictions w/mods
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 01:14:03 AM »
Great idea for the revised weapon restrictions, the Cleric=no pointy never made sense to me either. I was curious about the implementation of this mod with other mods, and since I haven't seen it listed on a faq yet I figured I'd ask here.

1. Do custom kits (i.e. the Rhythym warrior) from other mods retain their weapon restrictions?

I'm not entirely sure. It depends what restrictions they use. If the Rhythm Warrior is a cleric that uses the Assassin kit restrictions, then it would be able to use long swords. What are its restrictions, anyways?

2. Will mod items (such as Weimers improved item mod) still be subject to restriction?

There's a component specifically designed to change mod items. Install it after all other mods.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Guest_Ben

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:37:15 AM »
1.It's a fighter subkit, his weapon restrictions are as follows:

Quote from: The Darkest Day
Only uses the following weapons with any skill:

* daggers, darts, spears, quarterstaffs, slings, knives, and short swords

Ah, cool on the second thing, thanks.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 12:52:53 PM »
Ah. I think that by saying "with any skill", they mean that it can only put proficiency points into those weapons. Even without AoE it'd be able to use all weapons, and AoE won't change that.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Guest_Ben

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
That answers things, thanks.

Offline bryad

• Planewalker
  • Holy Liberator indeed
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 03:28:41 PM »
There's a component specifically designed to change mod items. Install it after all other mods.

It did not appear to be working properly... If im not mistaken, it should allow Item Upgraded items, like the Daystar for example, to be used by characters with their new proficiencies. Anomen was not able to wield the Daystar.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »

It did not appear to be working properly... If im not mistaken, it should allow Item Upgraded items, like the Daystar for example, to be used by characters with their new proficiencies. Anomen was not able to wield the Daystar.

You did install AoE after Item Upgrade, right?
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »
I've got Anomen wielding the Daystar in my game without trouble. But I installed AoE fairly late in my mod installation order.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 01:48:16 PM »
I've got Anomen wielding the Daystar in my game without trouble. But I installed AoE fairly late in my mod installation order.

Well (assuming you mean Item Upgraded Daystar if there is such a thing) that'll be because you installed AoE after Item Upgrade.  The point is that AoE can only patch things that are in your override i.e. it can't pre-empt mod items, because they aren't there to patch yet.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: