Author Topic: Beginning BG2 with bonded path  (Read 3271 times)

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Beginning BG2 with bonded path
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:42:12 PM »
First, let me say that I really admire the way you offered 2 completely different romances for Xan, depending on whether or not someone finished BG1 NPC project with Xan in the bonded path or whether the romance did not go that route.

This is kind of a sensitive subject, but Anomen's romance starts and continues whether or not the pc is in the committed phase of the Xan relationship. I realize that Elven marriages might be more or less open, but human relationships are less so. Especially given Anomen's reaction to Maria's infidelity.

In other words, once Anomen notices that <CHARNAME> and Xan are clearly more than just friends, he might be inclined to discontinue his attempts at winning <CHARNAME>.

Just a thought.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Beginning BG2 with bonded path
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:47:55 PM »
I fully agree with you, and this is exactly why Anomen romance stops the very minute bonded path with Xan begins.

The other Xan romance(a romance that starts in BG2, non-bonded path) continues alongside Anomen's, and stops, when Anomen romance becomes committed. If PC declines Anomen, Xan romance continues and carries over to ToB.

(However, if you have Ease of Use multiromance installed, bonded path can and will continue alongside Anomen romance - committed. Accept consequences at your own risk, however.)

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:19:12 AM »
Ah, I see that is the issue. Last time I was playing, I did have multi-romances installed, which is why Anomen kept hitting on pc.

During a recent reinstallation, I elected not to install the multi-romance component, so now Anomen should stop bugging pc.

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »
I think it is safe to say that any part of multi-romance patches seriously increase the chances of really strange things happening in any installed mod. It appears that many modders even put special scripting in to shut down other active romances to counteract someone trying to do a multi-romance; there are just too many odd pathways/conflicts/potential for trouble to be able to script this sort of thing. Thus the advent of the Romance Player2 content mod, where more than one player gets a chance at romance (just not Player1!).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I think it is safe to say that any part of multi-romance patches seriously increase the chances of really strange things happening in any installed mod.

Xan BG2 NPC has certain safeguards for this sort of thing, so, yes, your Xan is safe and sound even with multiromance installed. It's been tested extensively, too - the only thing you'll likely miss if you have multiromance installed is a certain graveyard cutscene. The final outcome is the same, however.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 11:31:10 AM »
Sorry, Kulyok, I spoke out of turn ::). I hereby amend that last post to "most mods have troubles; Xan is one of the few that have controlled for a multi-romance path" :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 11:40:49 AM »
It's completely fine. I am sorry, I should have made myself clearer: in my last post, I was reassuring users who have both Xan and multiromance patch installed and are now concerned, rather than answering you. Sorry. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: