Author Topic: Area size change?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Duality

• Planewalker
Area size change?
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »
Ok, pretend I'm a moron, and I made an area 80x60 when it should have been 80x70. Now the area wont load, BGII says the area size is invalid. This is after far to many hours of adding search areas/walls.
Is there ANY way to fix this that doesn't involve me starting over with a bigger map and re-drawing the search/walls?

I checked the .wed file and it thinks the size is 78x63, if I change it to 60, the area just crashes instead of telling me the area size is invalid.

Help, please!
"I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter."

"There is a certain freedom in being totally screwed. It means that nothing you do is going to make it any worse."

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
Re: Area size change?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 05:07:35 AM »
The maximum size is 80x60.
I've no idea how could you fix this, this is beyond dltcep's scope :)
You will have to drop tiles, but i don't have any idea how could you save the polygons, sorry.

Offline Duality

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »
I can't. Or at least I don't know how, so start over time.
Is there a rough ETA on the next version of DLTCEP? As in days, weeks, months or years?

I hate to be pushy, but IETME just crashed on me again while I was trying to save, screwing up my area file and costing me two hours of work  >:(, so I'm a little annoyed right now.

*$#)(*%...

"There is a certain freedom in being totally screwed. It means that nothing you do is going to make it any worse."

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:35:54 AM »
I don't think IETME is able to resize areas either, so trying that will provide more frustration.
I think it is best to restart the whole stuff in DLTCEP, at least, i did this when i last used IETME.

About your question, well, i don't know how tough this would be, and focus on gemrb this week.

Offline Duality

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »
I think it is best to restart the whole stuff in DLTCEP, at least, i did this when i last used IETME.

Yeah, it looks that way. I started over after I modified the map into a 78x60 version, only to find that large, IETME made maps cause BGII to crash. The map gave me weird pathing errors when I tried to walk anywhere. So I guess I'll wait for DLTCEP.  ;D

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 03:20:02 PM »
Well, if you successfully resized it in ietme.
Maybe you could load it into dltcep, hit the check area button.
If it doesn't complain, chances are it can save it correctly.
You can also try to upload this 'corrupted' area somewhere, so i can refine dltcep to handle it or auto fix it.

I only refuse to add resizing code to dltcep (because it seems impossible to me).

Offline Duality

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »
He. I have no idea if IETME can resize maps. I just edited the bmp so it was a smaller size and started over.
I seriously doubt that there would even be much use for modifying area size. This seems like a rare occurance.

I already pitched the corrupted map, but again, I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt many people are editing large, 80x60 maps anyway. Plus, it's not your fault that IETME has fits with max size maps.  ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: