6 (20%)
An array of comedy administrators
4 (13.3%)
Respect for the older generation
8 (26.7%)
IGLOOS
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: What is PPG missing the most?  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: What is PPG missing the most?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 10:19:41 AM »
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 01:29:29 PM »
real mods?
I'd rather have a well written "fake mod" llike Quest Pack, Virtue, Kelsey, or Keto than a poorly written Total Conversion or large mod.  I have played exactly one large mod/TC (just a demo, really) that was actually of real quality and, for some reason, its authors never finished it.  After trying several large mods and TC's the conclusion I've reached is that they either suck (due to bad writing, poor content, glaring continuity errors, etc) or they don't get finished. 

On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't respond so seriously to a joke thread.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 01:33:23 PM by Drew »
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 04:31:33 PM »
I don't have any problem with Virtue, actually. That (or a similar) system was also implemented in the abovementioned half-assed TC.
My only problem is that i'm really bored by the bhaalspawn stuff, and the sword coast.

I believe that the community has more in it, if half of the efforts burned up in bitching would be used for creative modding, there would be better and bigger mods.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 05:47:30 PM »
The unfinished TC in question is/was anything but half-assed.  Just (less than) half-finished. :)
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt